SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

Long Beach State is "The Beach". 

I'm kind of liking "Tundra". It fits the North Dakota image -- Vast. Imposing. Unsurvivable. 

No thanks.  Having a description of a landscape as a nickname is almost as bad as having some inane weather phenomenon.

Brought to you by the good folks at Toyota.

No thanks.  Having a description of a landscape as a nickname is almost as bad as having some inane weather phenomenon.

Not to mention there actually isn't any "Tundra" geography within about 1000 miles. Let's be something we are, not something of popular notion. Until that time, let's be NORTH DAKOTA.
  • Upvote 2

Not to mention there actually isn't any "Tundra" geography within about 1000 miles. Let's be something we are, not something of popular notion. Until that time, let's be NORTH DAKOTA.

Except for that "frozen tundra of Lambeau" ... Oxbow can explain. ;):D

• Upvote 1

I was talking archery with one of the guys that I work with and he mentioned Lars Andersen, which is pretty cool Scandinavian name.  Pretty cool video.

Archery (arrows) are making a comeback in movies/TV.  Hunger Games, Brave, Game of Thrones, Avatar, Avengers, Green Arrow, Lord of the Rings, etc..

University of North Dakota Arrows.

• Upvote 1