SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

55 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Glad to see they got something done over there.  Kinda wish they woulda stuck with the plan in the original rendering for the main study area though. ICON Architectural Group

Ah the fish bowl. I like the updated look but agree that something that is a bit more of a throwback would have been a nice touch even if it was out of place.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Probably. I have a lot of good memories in that building.

I only had 1 class in there (US History) in the rotunda area, but was always my cut through building during the winter time. Had some good memories as well

My wife and sister in law on the other hand, might have some different memories, depending on the class they had :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Gamble?  I was under the impression the whole building would go, but I could be wrong.

You are correct.  The current master plan shows that the whole thing will be torn down.  I must have been thinking of an older plan that showed only the lecture bowls as being torn down.  

Love the master plan by the way, and the link is below in case someone hasn't seen it. 

The only thing that bothers me is I can't understand why they built the medical school so far from campus.  

https://campus.und.edu/facilities-management/_files/docs/2018-master-plan.pdf

Back in the day one of the study areas was in the union, room with bean bag chairs, go up to a window and request an Lp and they would give you a set of head phones so you could listen to the music you requested.

how much are libraries used now with so many online resources?  Spent many hours reading the Wall Street Journal each day there.

7 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Glad to see they got something done over there.  Kinda wish they woulda stuck with the plan in the original rendering for the main study area though. ICON Architectural Group

totally agree!...rewatched the video to see what shot was the fishbowl....lame. not everything has to be matchy matchy!

Grand Forks City Council approves tax breaks for UND Memorial Stadium, Lyons Auto Supply, Townhouse and St. John's Block redevelopments

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/6867324-Grand-Forks-City-Council-approves-tax-breaks-for-UND-Memorial-Stadium-Lyons-Auto-Supply-Townhouse-and-St.-Johns-Block-redevelopments

About the Memorial Stadium redevelopment:  "In all, it’s at least a $25 million plan."

I wonder if this will inspire further investment and will result in an even nicer building ;)

• Upvote 1