SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

11 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Chaves knowa the athletic dorm gives away the intent, so he says the plans were intended to be behind curtains.

Or he's trying to temper wild conspiracy theories since this rendering is just a pie in the sky, pipe dream and they are still trying to raise money for HPC Phase II, what is just a tiny portion of a 25+ year plan.

Just because something is in a long-term plan means nothing. Athletic dorms would be about the last thing in those renderings that would be added. Plus, Ray Richards isn't being developed so no new stadium there now. I guess they need to raise money to expand the Alerus to get to that magical 15K number you dream of. 

Ya, I don't understand this talk about a new stadium. The Alerus is an average place at best, but no way is anything else being built until at a minimum the bonds are paid off. 

Grand Forks already has two large indoor facilities a third would just be silly. Let's be honest, a new stadium will not be outdoors because getting people to a week 10 or later game will be very difficult. U of Minnesota is having a hard time selling seats for late-season games and they have a way bigger fan base and location. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Don’t forget the library. Massive upgrade there as well. Between those three alone the campus gets a huge boost.

And the remodel of Wilkerson a few years ago.  And the planned new Gamble Hall and Merrifield Hall renovation.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

"Congratulations to all ATO current members and alumni on the ground breaking of their new house!"

This is right on University, too. You can see the union in the background. 

NW corner of University and Cambridge it looks like.  Right next to Archives Coffee.

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.9224606,-97.0706738,3a,75y,302.61h,81.59t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sz5eMUtH8oI7pnu9DvASyPg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dz5eMUtH8oI7pnu9DvASyPg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D96%26h%3D64%26yaw%3D286.56604%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i3328!8i1664

11 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, plant, outdoor and nature

"Congratulations to all ATO current members and alumni on the ground breaking of their new house!"

This is right on University, too. You can see the union in the background. 

They FINALLY broke ground on this thing?

I remember back in 2010 when they were offering anybody who wanted to be a founding father of this fraternity.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They FINALLY broke ground on this thing?

I remember back in 2010 when they were offering anybody who wanted to be a founding father of this fraternity.

Yeah, me too...  Is this the place that always had bonfires on the empty lot?

2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

And, though off University, the HPC Phase II. 

Yes,  and the new STEM building or renovation will probably look great, too.   It's really great for those who want PhaseII, that for UND to get their new STEM facility, UND Athletics needs a new home.  I think this will ensure that it actually does get built, unlike the retractable roof football stadium.

• Upvote 3

On 7/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, UNDBIZ said:

NW corner of University and Cambridge it looks like.  Right next to Archives Coffee.

You mean that stretch of campus where UND (Kennedy) rightly and smartly tore down a bunch of dilapidated, decrepit, eyesores? 

You mean that space will be upgraded now? 

Whodathunkit. 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:45 AM, The Sicatoka said:

You mean that stretch of campus where UND (Kennedy) rightly and smartly tore down a bunch of dilapidated, decrepit, eyesores? 

You mean that space will be upgraded now? 

Whodathunkit. 

The plot of land where the frat is being build has sat empty for 15+ years after the old one was torn down.