SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

biked thru campus the other day...can't tell if they will be traffic stop lights on univeristy or if they will just be flashing lights for pedestrians to cross university...looks to be quite a few between the union and the coulee (they are covered with bags and non-functioning which is why i can't tell what they are)

19 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

As someone that never played at UND, would love to see some photos of the interior. Especially the former dorm rooms 

12 minutes ago, northernraider said:

As someone that never played at UND, would love to see some photos of the interior. Especially the former dorm rooms 

hope they do an "open house" before the demo for the general public with kaulker as the tour guide

2 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

I think the most important stuff got buried at the end of this article. 

The new turf will don the Fighting Hawks logo at midfield, the updated Alerus Center logo between the hashes, the distinct “NORTH DAKOTA” wordmark in the end zones, and, of course, the new Missouri Valley Football Conference logo.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Does this mean the ridge in the end zone between the playing surface and concrete will also be removed? Seemed such a safety hazard.

My next wish for Alerus, some type of indoor paint job...I just never have dug the aluminium barn look. 

Just now, northernraider said:

Does this mean the ridge in the end zone between the playing surface and concrete will also be removed? Seemed such a safety hazard.

My next wish for Alerus, some type of indoor paint job...I just never have dug the aluminium barn look. 

That has always bothered me so hopefully it's taken care of.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think the most important stuff got buried at the end of this article. 

The new turf will don the Fighting Hawks logo at midfield, the updated Alerus Center logo between the hashes, the distinct “NORTH DAKOTA” wordmark in the end zones, and, of course, the new Missouri Valley Football Conference logo.

Bout fucking time. It only took 4 attempts.

• Like 2

The new dormitory that will replace Memorial Stadium has to be majority non athletes per NCAA regs.  Kentucky and Kansas had basketball only dorms (more like five star hotels), but the.NCAA forbid single sport dorms and every dorm must be greater than 51% non athlete.

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The new dormitory that will replace Memorial Stadium has to be majority non athletes per NCAA regs.  Kentucky and Kansas had basketball only dorms (more like five star hotels), but the.NCAA forbid single sport dorms and every dorm must be greater than 51% non athlete.

I was under the impression UND was looking at privately run apartments rather than a new dormitory. 

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Sounds like some loopholes that could easily be exploited.

Connect them via skywalk? Separate floors?

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I was under the impression UND was looking at privately run apartments rather than a new dormitory. 

Perhaps it is.  But UND ideally needs a dorm by the HPC and weightlifting area to help them use the facilities  to the maximum and use athlete food the best.

• 4 weeks later...