SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Ryan Chesley announced Und is in his top 10 final school list. High end 04 dman 

Top 10? What a waste of time to announce.  This isn't football or basketball, there are only 62 choices. Next we'll see the incredibly tacky posts from prospects announcing they every time they received an offer, complete with "#blessed". 

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Top 10? What a waste of time to announce.  This isn't football or basketball, there are only 62 choices. Next we'll see the incredibly tacky posts from prospects announcing they every time they received an offer, complete with "#blessed". 

“Please respect my decision”

6 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Even if there are fewer schools in hockey, it is still a tremendous accomplishment to receive a scholarship offer. Not everyone is talented enough to get an offer, much less play at the collegiate level.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Even if there are fewer schools in hockey, it is still a tremendous accomplishment to receive a scholarship offer. Not everyone is talented enough to get an offer, much less play at the collegiate level.

That's true, but they should wait until they are committed to one of them. Especially in hockey, where there is an alternative to the college route.

As someone who really enjoys following recruiting PuckPreps looks like they are getting into the content I really like. Top X lists, it's something college hockey has been missing for the most part. A lot of that is due to the incredibly early recruiting, so these new rules are great on every front. 

Do we think we will see a verbal commit on 08/01, or I'm with Covid things might not roll like they will be in years to come. I imagine almost all the Top players verbally committing within the first few days of August in the upcoming years.

5 hours ago, AJS said:

As someone who really enjoys following recruiting PuckPreps looks like they are getting into the content I really like. Top X lists, it's something college hockey has been missing for the most part. A lot of that is due to the incredibly early recruiting, so these new rules are great on every front. 

Do we think we will see a verbal commit on 08/01, or I'm with Covid things might not roll like they will be in years to come. I imagine almost all the Top players verbally committing within the first few days of August in the upcoming years.

I wish there was something like 247 sports for hockey. I want to see player rankings and then team rankings. Maybe there is something and I’m just missing it. 

10 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I wish there was something like 247 sports for hockey. I want to see player rankings and then team rankings. Maybe there is something and I’m just missing it. 

Neutral Zone, you have to pay to see everything they do in their scouting reports.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:32 AM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Yep top 10. It is what it is. High ender 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Gauthier chose BC...

13 hours ago, tnt said:

Did anyone explain to him what “down to five” means?

Guess we can take any recruiting information PuckPreps posts with a large grain of salt. 

• 3 weeks later...