SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah…who the heck would name their kid Will?;)

One of my cousins’ last name is Seed, and he named his kids after seeds, including Cotton, Caraway, Huckleberry . . . .   He’s a pretty sane guy, but . . . .

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, burd said:

One of my cousins’ last name is Seed, and he named his kids after seeds, including Cotton, Caraway, Huckleberry . . . .   He’s a pretty sane guy, but . . . .

I knew a guy named Harold Dyck. He went by "Harry". 

Knew a guy in grade school whose name was Richard Rott.  you guessed it.

Gal who played division 1 volleyball in Texas about 10 years ago was name was Destinee Hooker.  

How do you do this to kids that you hope will help take care of you when your old?? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Artyom Levshunov ... interesting, but we have eight. Not sure it works.

And is he really looking at this late date for a 2023-24 team? 

Any team would make room for him. Most likely a Top 5 pick in the 2024 draft. Thinking back to the summer of 2020, when the discussion was about who the 3rd defenseman to come in with Sanderson / Kleven. They ended up bringing both Miller and Moore to make 9. Some players you make room for. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Artyom Levshunov ... interesting, but we have eight. Not sure it works.

And is he really looking at this late date for a 2023-24 team? 

This can be a reason to not look for portal players that have one year left. 

I'd take him over any 5th year or one year left player.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

So how many times are you going to have a guy that is this highly rated that hasn't committed very early on?   Did he have to accelerate to possibly play this year, or why is this recruiting process just coming about now?  Will be interesting to see the "more details later" part of the post to see the story behind it. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

He may well be a one-year player for a college program. And this situation seems very rare and very curious. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 2:40 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's happened with Shattucks?

Right.  Case in point.  Zach Nehring from Minot ends up drafted 82 overall this year.  North Dakota kid, goes to Shattuck, huge success this season....and he's going to Western Michigan.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Right.  Case in point.  Zach Nehring from Minot ends up drafted 82 overall this year.  North Dakota kid, goes to Shattuck, huge success this season....and he's going to Western Michigan.

Wonder what drew him to WMU...you'd have to think that the UND coaches were in on a kid who grew up in Minot.
Even if he'd been playing at SSM for the last four seasons.
Sucks to lose out on those really talented "local" players.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Wonder what drew him to WMU...you'd have to think that the UND coaches were in on a kid who grew up in Minot.

Call me a sour grapes western ND kid (who lives in the Valley now....lol....) but since Fylling, Massen, and Vig, UND has missed on some pretty good players from Western ND.  Yes, I count John Lizotte in there because he was born in Minot before moving to Grand Forks. :lol:

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Probably one of his only offers at that time. I doubt we were in on him when he verballed to WMU. Now gentleman’s agreement comes into play.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Call me a sour grapes western ND kid (who lives in the Valley now....lol....) but since Fylling, Massen, and Vig, UND has missed on some pretty good players from Western ND.  Yes, I count John Lizotte in there because he was born in Minot before moving to Grand Forks. :lol:

Quite a few legacy players coming up in the next few years that have played together on Team ND. Not saying they should all be recruited, but they should at least be on the radar. Most have a good shot at playing at higher levels than ND High School hockey and hopefully take advantage of that opportunity.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Minoters are crazy as loons, though, you know . . .