SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

My new response is just going to be "F 'em" from now on. Apparently lost Jack Phelan today too....not sure who that dude is though.

I think I'm going to start keeping track of how many goals/points/other we lost for the next couple seasons with all the defections. I have a feeling this is going to be mind blowing. Lots of high enders leaving. Guys that our program has missed out on for years that were finally considering us.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Per Rink Live, Cade Littler removed Minnesota State from his Instagram bio.

The name was familiar so I dug ...

His dad is Bliss Littler, winningest juniors coach around and current GM of Wenatchee (BCHL). Bliss Littler is a Minot native and Minot State grad. 

On 5/2/2023 at 11:55 AM, Kevin G said:

Just a heads up: the USHL draft (Phase I) starts at 4pm. Follow here or here.

Hopefully some of these higher-end kids are UND recruits some day!!

Historically what kind level of talent can be expected from an 8th rounder?

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The name was familiar so I dug ...

His dad is Bliss Littler, winningest juniors coach around and current GM of Wenatchee (BCHL). Bliss Littler is a Minot native and Minot State grad. 

He is also very good friends with Hastings....may have even been in each others weddings.

Does anyone have any information on Hobie Hedquist? He hasn't played since April 19 because of an injury (I believe). 

Penticton is playing Alberni Valley, Hedquist's team, for the BCHL championship and Hedquist isn't even listed on the line chart.

(OT: Penticton was 50-3 in the regular season and is 14-1 so far in the playoffs. Surreal numbers.)

44 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Does anyone have any information on Hobie Hedquist? He hasn't played since April 19 because of an injury (I believe). 

Penticton is playing Alberni Valley, Hedquist's team, for the BCHL championship and Hedquist isn't even listed on the line chart.

(OT: Penticton was 50-3 in the regular season and is 14-1 so far in the playoffs. Surreal numbers.)

Yes, injury holding him out unfortunately. 
It was mentioned that the injury won’t impact him this fall at UND though. 

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Schloss named Logan Britt as their target for the 8th D spot. 

Britt (LH D) would be a one-year rental. He played two at the Q and two at SHU. 

He played juniors with the Aberdeen Wings and won a Clark Cup with Sioux Falls. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201459/logan-britt

19 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

6'2. They're not going small with this d-core, and I love it.

I wonder if this is a "tell" on why whoever played last season.
Did the coaches believe we were being shoved around and tried to go as big as they could most nights? 

Last year it was 6-4, 6-2, 6-2, ... 5-10, 5-9, 5-9, 5-8, 5-8. (from UND roster)

Now it's 6-1, 6-2, 6-1, 6-4, 6-1, 6-3, ... 5-10, and maybe 6-2.  (from Elite Prospects)