SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I wonder if this is a "tell" on why whoever played last season.
Did the coaches believe we were being shoved around and tried to go as big as they could most nights? 

Last year it was 6-4, 6-2, 6-2, ... 5-10, 5-9, 5-9, 5-8, 5-8. (from UND roster)

Now it's 6-1, 6-2, 6-1, 6-4, 6-1, 6-3, ... 5-10, and maybe 6-2.  (from Elite Prospects)

It's no longer "maybe". 

Last year 5-10 was top half of heights; this year it's the shortest. 

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It's no longer "maybe". 

Last year 5-10 was top half of heights; this year it's the shortest. 

Who were the 5'8 defensemen? I'm getting this for our D last season based on the roster

6'5 (Kleven), 6'2 (Sidorski, Moore), 6 (Johnson), 5'11 (Farmer, Jandric, Frisch), 5'10 (Bast)

The "official" 2022-23 UND put out was:

Player Height (inches)

Sidorski      74 (6-2)
Farmer       68
Moore        74
Johnson     69
Jandric       69
Frisch         70
Bast            68 (5-8) 
Kleven        76

Comments last fall were guys had shrunk. 

I'd copied that data off a UND site or release last fall to a spreadsheet; now it doesn't match what FightingHawks.com shows. 

7 minutes ago, SpudsSioux said:

That's funny. Weird that there would be such a difference from the online roster. Hope the new guys don't shrink when they get to Grand Forks, too!

Wash them in cold like clothes? :huh:

NO. Wait. Not good. Ask George Costanza. ;) 

eb327959-adc0-46bd-afc3-7c571f74cc00_tex

:D 

I have zero idea if Lawson Body would be an option for Bubs but he just had a really nice playoffs for his NA team, won the chip tonight. In looking at his numbers, they’re really solid and he’s be on the older side. Local too.

26 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I have zero idea if Lawson Body would be an option for Bubs but he just had a really nice playoffs for his NA team, won the chip tonight. In looking at his numbers, they’re really solid and he’s be on the older side. Local too.

I asked schloss about it, he said that he wouldn't be surprised if LB went the ivy league route

10 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

I asked schloss about it, he said that he wouldn't be surprised if LB went the ivy league route

Oh sure ok. Great numbers (albeit in an iffy league), captain too. I just listened to his post championship game interview…very well spoken kid. I’d be perfectly fine taking a kid like that to fill a depth role. But, if he’s thinking an Ivy that obviously makes sense too.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Oh sure ok. Great numbers (albeit in an iffy league), captain too. I just listened to his post championship game interview…very well spoken kid. I’d be perfectly fine taking a kid like that to fill a depth role. But, if he’s thinking an Ivy that’s obviously makes sense too.

Supposedly had like a 34 on the ACT also.

Surprised he hasn't committed somewhere yet.

33 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Supposedly had like a 34 on the ACT also.

Surprised he hasn't committed somewhere yet.

The NA is not a really good league but it’s solid. The very top end teams could hang a bit in the USHL. They’re missing stars but the league is super old. WLB has offers unless his skating is really bad or something. Probably just weighing his options I would assume. There are at least 5-6 D1 committed on most NA teams and Oklahoma had 8. WBL was a top player on that team. He has offers.

11 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Can anyone think of a player UND has taken directly from the NAHL? i cant think of any off the top of my head. A bunch have went NAHL to USHL to UND.   

Connor Gaarder I believe but he was basically an emergency pickup late in the summer when JT Miller bailed. 

57 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Can anyone think of a player UND has taken directly from the NAHL? i cant think of any off the top of my head. A bunch have went NAHL to USHL to UND.   

Matej Tomek came from the NAHL. Obviously he didn’t work out. 

There has been some other non-goalies but most either didn’t play thru their senior year or they played minimal roles. I think UND is more likely to grab guys from the MJHL over the NAHL. We’ve gotten some good depth guys there. 

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Oh sure ok. Great numbers (albeit in an iffy league), captain too. I just listened to his post championship game interview…very well spoken kid. I’d be perfectly fine taking a kid like that to fill a depth role. But, if he’s thinking an Ivy that obviously makes sense too.

on twitter or do you have a link? I'd like to listen to it to hear his IQ. 

• Downvote 1