SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

UND could use another goaltender in the pipeline. Whom should the coaches target?

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

The question is probably more “Who are they already targeting?” 

Answers to either question would be fine. I'm not picky.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kevin G said:

UND could use another goaltender in the pipeline. Whom should the coaches target?

Make a list of all NCAA teams.  Remove the teams ranked in the top half this past season.  Now, with the remaining teams make a list of all goaltenders.  Next, remove all starting goaltenders leaving just the backup goalies for the bottom half teams.  Once you have that list, remove all goalies except those who will be a junior for the '23-24 season.  Once this coming season is over, I imagine a few of those will hit the portal for their senior year in 2024-25 and it will likely be one of those that Berry ends up recruiting.

• Downvote 5

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who is Jonny Kennedy?

I’m glad you posted this tweet. It shows some of the behind-the-scenes work that the coaches do that rarely gets acknowledged or appreciated. Also, it’s cool that young and impressionable hockey players are exposed to the Ralph. I have to think that that exposure pays dividends down the road. Well done. 

3 hours ago, Kevin G said:

I’m glad you posted this tweet. It shows some of the behind-the-scenes work that the coaches do that rarely gets acknowledged or appreciated. Also, it’s cool that young and impressionable hockey players are exposed to the Ralph. I have to think that that exposure pays dividends down the road. Well done. 

This is just a pretty normal occurrence, the staff is usually quite accomodating (as they can be) to requests for tours for teams while in town for various youth tourneys.

It is an a great thing to expose kids to the facilities. Never know where the next diamond in the rough can be found.

12 hours ago, brianvf said:

What's the word on James Hagens?
Another elite talent...the current crop of young US talent is pretty crazy...
Think he'll follow his bro to Harvard?  Follow Eiserman to UMN?  Go to BU?  Or maybe CHL?

He’s following a decent number of teams, including goofs. Not UND though. I’d say we have next to zero chance with this one.

I do have a hunch we’ll be hearing something here soon though 

9 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He’s following a decent number of teams, including goofs. Not UND though. I’d say we have next to zero chance with this one.

I do have a hunch we’ll be hearing something here soon though 

Interesting. Would this player be more exciting than the last teased commitment (Komzak)?

On 4/21/2023 at 11:10 PM, Big A HG said:

Make a list of all NCAA teams.  Remove the teams ranked in the top half this past season.  Now, with the remaining teams make a list of all goaltenders.  Next, remove all starting goaltenders leaving just the backup goalies for the bottom half teams.  Once you have that list, remove all goalies except those who will be a junior for the '23-24 season.  Once this coming season is over, I imagine a few of those will hit the portal for their senior year in 2024-25 and it will likely be one of those that Berry ends up recruiting.

Dude, are you ok? My goodness.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Yeah, I haven't seen anything connecting him to UND, so agree with you there.

17 minutes ago, AJS said:

Interesting. Would this player be more exciting than the last teased commitment (Komzak)?

Ha!  :D
They certainly did hype that up a bit, didn't they?

17 hours ago, AJS said:

Don't sleep on Komzak.
He has two "unteachables": 6'4" and RH.
His feet are acceptable but need some polish for the NCAA level. That is teachable. 

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-ice-hockey-recruiting/british-columbia/north-vancouver/sutherland-secondary/tanner-komzak 

Just now, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

So what does this mean, and how does this affect them and college hockey?

Well now they aren’t restricted by Hockey Canada rules. Players can’t play out of their home province until they finish high school under Hockey Canada rules so now they can get players from wherever they want. 

6 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

So what does this mean, and how does this affect them and college hockey?

Basically they are now Tier 1 like the USHL with AJHL following them. As said above they can now get players all over Canada. 

• 2 weeks later...