SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

20 hours ago, cberkas said:

So what is up with that Twenden guy (sp?) that people were high on?

Tweten from EGF? Has played for both the Minnesota Magicians in the NAHL and Cedar Rapids in the USHL this season. Has played 17 games with the Magicians scoring 4 goals and 9 assists. Also has 9 games with Cedar Rapids with no goals and 2 assists. I haven't seen him this year but going back to watching him at EGF he has good size and skill but skating needed to improve a little bit and he really just needed to put everything together.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Unfortunately for Mr. Tomek there is now an import goaltender rule in the CHL, so thats not an option for him. 

But as you well know, Wilbur, goalies don't follow the same logic the rest of the world follows.  Other planets maybe . . .

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2016 at 3:56 PM, cberkas said:

Tomek did say he was coming here to fight for the starting job and knew it's wasn't going to be given to him. It sure looks like he's still committed to being here.

Couldn't agree more with this. Also, for those who haven't seen Schloss' blog post on Matej from Wednesday, they should check it out. Something very good perspective-wise for people who thought he might potentially be jumping ship mid-year; I certainly hadn't realized this but that's also why Brad is so darn good at his job.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=104217

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, tnt said:

Any interest in defenseman Jesse Bjugstad from Stillwater? 

Could be a tough pull to Nodak seeing that his dad and cousin both played at the U of M. Personally I'd love to see him here; Stillwater is my alma mater and I know besides Hayden Shaw we haven't pulled a lot of guys up from the northeast suburbs of the cities in the last few years. Before Shawsy it was the Connelly brothers out of White Bear and that was 15 years ago. 

4 hours ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Could be a tough pull to Nodak seeing that his dad and cousin both played at the U of M. Personally I'd love to see him here; Stillwater is my alma mater and I know besides Hayden Shaw we haven't pulled a lot of guys up from the northeast suburbs of the cities in the last few years. Before Shawsy it was the Connelly brothers out of White Bear and that was 15 years ago. 

They have quite a few defensemen recruited, but he very well may pass up offers and decide to wait and see if they will offer.  If you're confident those offers will always be there, it is easier to wait for your dream offer.

On 12/9/2016 at 11:23 AM, SiouxSherm94 said:

Couldn't agree more with this. Also, for those who haven't seen Schloss' blog post on Matej from Wednesday, they should check it out. Something very good perspective-wise for people who thought he might potentially be jumping ship mid-year; I certainly hadn't realized this but that's also why Brad is so darn good at his job.

Didn't know he was that young - very good read

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 11:23 AM, SiouxSherm94 said:

Tomek is doing as well as can be expected at the WJC (given the team in front of him). And now his age is really brought into focus. I guess I really never realized how young he is before now. It's like Tomek was put into a sound professional-like system to develop for a few years. It's like he's being brought along slowly to mature (as Ed Belfour preaches). 

And what is this I hear that the head coach of the NHL team that drafted Tomek and UND have some sort of past relationship? ;):D

• 3 weeks later...