SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

13 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I watched the GF bantam team play for and win the national championship in Denver when Grant Putolny was on the team in the 90's. He was easily the best player in the tournament.

...and Ryan was a much better player than Grant.

• 2 weeks later...

Todd Milewski@ToddMilewski Dec 3

Confirmed via NTDP: Under-18 Team defenseman Max Gildon is no longer committed to @BadgerMHockey as of this morning. More to come.

Gildon committed to the former UW staff, and there was talk that the current staff wasn't as high on him

Come to UND Max, we take former Badger recruits and make them into National Champions. :D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Confirmed via NTDP: Under-18 Team defenseman Max Gildon is no longer committed to @BadgerMHockey as of this morning. More to come.

Gildon committed to the former UW staff, and there was talk that the current staff wasn't as high on him

Come to UND Max, we take former Badger recruits and make them into National Champions. :D

Expect to see more of this...don't the Badgers have something like 374 recruits lined up for the next 3 seasons?
They're handing out scholarship offers like Obama Phones over in Madison.

• Upvote 2

On 10/27/2016 at 5:51 PM, tho0505 said:

A little late on the response, but BU has been killing it on the recruiting trail. In fact, this last years (2016) class might have been one of the best all-time in college hockey.  Time will tell, but from a high end recruit stand point, they crushed it this year. I would love to see if ANY college program has had more than 3 first rounders in one draft. 

2005- Lee, Oshie, Finley and another Freshman in that class would also go in the first round the next year named Jonathan Toews...they joined 2 first rounders from the prior year in Stafford and Zajac.  Most loaded team in terms of talent in UND history.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

2005- Lee, Oshie, Finley and another Freshman in that class would also go in the first round the next year named Jonathan Toews...they joined 2 first rounders from the prior year in Stafford and Zajac.  Most loaded team in terms of talent in UND history.

You have to wonder when BU will start to click, with all that talent.   Their record is only a game better than UND's.    

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

If you do a little more digging, it sounds like he still wants to go to Wisconsin but they want him to stay in juniors longer to work on his game. He has been bumped down to the last pairing and it sounds like he hasn't made the transition as well as expected. I would guess he will need at least another year regardless of where he ends up.

47 minutes ago, Just Curious said:

If you do a little more digging, it sounds like he still wants to go to Wisconsin but they want him to stay in juniors longer to work on his game. He has been bumped down to the last pairing and it sounds like he hasn't made the transition as well as expected. I would guess he will need at least another year regardless of where he ends up.

I think the reason he de-commited was the fact they didn't bring him in this year (similar to the Kawaguchi story).  Once a kid de-commits they always say they are interested in said school....however they never end up actually going there.

8 hours ago, burd said:

You have to wonder when BU will start to click, with all that talent.   Their record is only a game better than UND's.    

I'd guess January or February they'll start putting the puck in the net some more... then possibly flame out in the 1st round ala 2014 Wisco Badgers. Although I can't remember which #4 seed that Badgers team lost to...Huh

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2016 at 9:46 AM, scpa0305 said:

Curious if Bo Hanson (Muskegan) is on Berry's radar.  I believe he's an overage however he's putting up nice points in the USHL right now.  Our D is going to be pretty thin next year....i would think Berry would be after this guy.

Bo Hanson  committed to St. Lawrence.

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

10 guys on that 2005-2006 team skated at least 1 game in the NHL:

Stafford, Zajac, Oshie, Toews, Porter, Watkins (1 game), Lee, Smaby, Chorney, Finley (5 games)

I just went through the 2015-16 roster for sh*ts and gigs.... I think we'll see at least 10 from them:

Boeser, Drake, Rhett, Gersich, LaDue, Pogo, Tucker, Schmaltz, Stechy, Gage

LJ, Cam, Tomek, KT, Wolanin have shots.... maybe even Wilkie, too. 

Special, special teams.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

If Tomek is third string in college as a sophomore, I don't see him in the NHL.

He's a third round draft pick. He's gonna get a shot to see what he's got when he goes pro. NHL teams don't bail on goalies drafted that high without at least giving him a shot.