SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Did I miss something? I thought Kawaguchi already committed to Denver.

Last I had heard he verballed to Providence.  I don't think it will be the last time we entertain someone who has verballed somewhere else, definitely isn't the first time

6 hours ago, jjensen said:

Last I had heard he verballed to Providence.  I don't think it will be the last time we entertain someone who has verballed somewhere else, definitely isn't the first time

It says Denver on his BCHL profile.

37 minutes ago, jjensen said:

He must have decommitted from Providence than.  Regardless he was on the bench during warm-ups.

There were some saying in August that Heisenberg has him committed to Denver, but he isn't listed as committed there on his site now. Looks like he has been a pretty consistent scorer in the BCHL. Saw he is a cousin of former Wild player Devin Setagouchi.

23 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

What is the likelihood of landing bowers? I'm betting he lands in one of the Boston jerseys but we'll see.

My concern is do we even have room for Bowers next year? We have a log jam at forward now. 

9 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

My concern is do we even have room for Bowers next year? We have a log jam at forward now. 

No seniors and Boeser being the only definite early departure. I count 3 forwards that have to almost be locked in coming next year in  Kawaguchi, Mismash and Adams. Besides that Mattson and Keane seem like they'd be likely too. 

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

No seniors and Boeser being the only definite early departure. I count 3 forwards that have to almost be locked in coming next year in  Kawaguchi, Mismash and Adams. Besides that Mattson and Keane seem like they'd be likely too. 

Don't forget Jones. 

46 minutes ago, AJS said:

Potential Departures Ending 2017
No. Name Pos. Yr. Hometown (Prev School)
20 [C] Gage Ausmus D Sr. East Grand Forks, Minn. (U.S. NTDP )
30 Matt Hrynkiw G Sr. Saskatoon, SK (Humboldt-SJHL)
3 [A] Tucker Poolman D Jr. East Grand Forks, Minn. (Omaha-USHL)
14 [A] Austin Poganski F Jr. St. Cloud, Minn. (Tri-City-USHL)
33 Cam Johnson G Jr. Troy, Mich. (Waterloo-USHL)
16 [A] Brock Boeser F So. Burnsville, Minn. (Waterloo-USHL)
17 Tyson Jost F Fr. Penticton, BC

Keep in mind we have Schmaltz' spot from this year that went unfilled.   Agreed on the locked players to come in: Adams, Mismash, Kawaguchi, and Jones. I don't see how we have room for anyone else barring a transfer.   If by some magic we get Jost for another year, it complicates things more.  I know the numbers all work out, but we also don't want to overcommit with players just to see them go else where when we delay them. 

Forward Commits Available for 2017-18
Age Name Pos. Yr. Hometown (Prev School)
19 Nicholas Jones ('96) F Fr. Edmonton, AB
19 Jackson Keane ('97) F Fr. Denver, CO
19 Jordan Kawaguchi F Fr. Abbotsford, BC
18 Mitchell Mattson ('98) F Fr. Grand Rapids, MN
18 Mark Senden ('98) F Fr. Plymouth, MN
18 Collin Adams ('98) F Fr. Brighton, MI
17 Grant Mismash ('99) F Fr. Edina, MN

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits