SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

I wonder what kind of effect last night's game would have on a visiting recruit?

You learn a lot more about a team when they lose than when they win.  If our program is filled with quality coaches and players like I personally think it is, it should be a pretty positive effect.

5 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

I wonder what kind of effect last night's game would have on a visiting recruit?

It seems like a lot of times we have Big time recruits in we don't play great, but I recall a few of them still committed because of the atmosphere and facility itself.  I recall one mentioning the student section being packed for warmups.  Let's hope that is the case this time.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ChadR said:

When are we going to pull the trigger and offer Grant Johnson? He has been a stud at every level. 3 more goals tonight vs RR.

I think they'll have to be careful with him.  He has put up a ton of points but he is a senior playing a very low level of hockey (compared to similar type Und recruits).  I would think Berry would need to see him play in the ushl.  He is also pretty small by the looks of it.  The one positive is that he lead the #1 team in scoring for this past summers elite league.  This kid has scsu written all over him.

39 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I think they'll have to be careful with him.  He has put up a ton of points but he is a senior playing a very low level of hockey (compared to similar type Und recruits).  I would think Berry would need to see him play in the ushl.  He is also pretty small by the looks of it.  The one positive is that he lead the #1 team in scoring for this past summers elite league.  This kid has scsu written all over him.

Agreed, but they may end up losing him to a SCSU or UMD, etc then.

• Upvote 1

9 European goalies in the top 20 in the USHL, 5 of them in the top 10.

Not sure what's going on with the goalie situation at UND. Not much to choose from in the USHL, all but one North American goalie is committed and all but 3 of the European goalies are uncommitted.

(Only looking at the qualifying goalies GAA)