SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm talking hack in the sense of slashing and nonsensical dives and piddly junk. Not hack as in a poor player. My fault. Hack probably wasn't the best choice of words. Is panzy applicable? :)

Oh...like cheap.  I saw that slash, that's nothing.  He was probably trying to get under Joe's skin.  Crosby is not cheap nor is he a panzy.  He used to whine quite a bit, however he's shed that reputation for those that watch him play.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Oh...like cheap.  I saw that slash, that's nothing.  He was probably trying to get under Joe's skin.  Crosby is not cheap nor is he a panzy.  He used to whine quite a bit, however he's shed that reputation for those that watch him play.

I watch him play all the time and I respectfully disagree lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I watch him play all the time and I respectfully disagree lol.

well, take it all in and appreciate what you are watching. He'll go down as one of the best ever (hawks fan here).

there are folks who like Pitt, those who don't, and those who appreciate great hockey players. :)

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

well, take it all in and appreciate what you are watching. He'll go down as one of the best ever (hawks fan here).

there are folks who like Pitt, those who don't, and those who appreciate great hockey players. :)

I can appreciate much of what he does and his sheer talent, I just think he's a whining punk that likes to take cheap shots, dive and never backs up his jawing, just lets the "C" do the work while the rest of his team has to back up his nonsense. No doubt he'll go down as one of the best, doesn't mean he's immune of criticism. Incredible player, but an incredible pansy

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I can appreciate much of what he does and his sheer talent, I just think he's a whining punk that likes to take cheap shots, dive and never backs up his jawing, just lets the "C" do the work while the rest of his team has to back up his nonsense. No doubt he'll go down as one of the best, doesn't mean he's immune of criticism. Incredible player, but an incredible pansy

ok ok, you're a Crosby hater I get it. But everything you just wrote is a major stretch. Backup his non sense....what???

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big fan of Crosby but he is without a doubt the best player in the NHL.  I also both agree and disagree with you when you call him a pansy.  Yes, he used to be a whiny little punk that hid behind his C.  However, he has made some pretty drastic changes when it comes to that.  He's started to develop some leather on his skin and has largely put the Crysby label behind him.

14 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

ok ok, you're a Crosby hater I get it. But everything you just wrote is a major stretch. Backup his non sense....what???

A major stretch? Dude... I can find youtube video after youtube video. Back up his nonsense... Crysby takes a dive, team retaliates, Crysby skates away and lets his big guys do the work. He's a pansy.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

A major stretch? Dude... I can find youtube video after youtube video. Back up his nonsense... Crysby takes a dive, team retaliates, Crysby skates away and lets his big guys do the work. He's a pansy.

hater. :). Lets agree to disagree then. I'm not a fan of lebron for the same reasons u probably don't like Crosby.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

hater. :). Lets agree to disagree then. I'm not a fan of lebron for the same reasons u probably don't like Crosby.

Admitted hater and the dude deserves it :)

Hahaha ironically enough, I love LeBron. Although King James is a HUGE panzy lol.

It's weird, I saw Shark after Shark slashing, hooking, grabbing, doing their best to get under Crosby's skin all series, but he retaliates and he's the pansy? Yes, he used to be a bit of a whiny bitchy with the refs, but through this entire playoffs he hasn't been talking at all with the refs unless it was something to do outside himself. Haters gonna hate I guess though. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, snova4 said:

It's weird, I saw Shark after Shark slashing, hooking, grabbing, doing their best to get under Crosby's skin all series, but he retaliates and he's the pansy? Yes, he used to be a bit of a whiny bitchy with the refs, but through this entire playoffs he hasn't been talking at all with the refs unless it was something to do outside himself. Haters gonna hate I guess though. 

Agree 100%.  Folks tend to hate on Crosby because he's so good.  Toews is my favorite NHL player but he can complain a bit as well....obviously I see nothing on this site about him :).  The one thing that Crosby does every so often that can sometimes bug me is dive.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Yeah, other than that whole thing with Osh :silly: There's two sides to the hate. Lovers defend him, haters hate him.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

There are a couple of NHL threads over in the Community forum.

Can we move this over there and keep this on recruiting? 

Sorry Sic and the rest of ya'll... I'll try something.

Ethan Johnson.... I'm a NW MN boy, so bear with me. Any news on his recruitment anywhere?

On 6/14/2016 at 3:50 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Sorry Sic and the rest of ya'll... I'll try something.

Ethan Johnson.... I'm a NW MN boy, so bear with me. Any news on his recruitment anywhere?

Just recently had his try out with Lincoln if I have the right team. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Anybody hearing any recruiting news out there? Seems to be pretty quiet in this area for quite a while. I know Berry was in Saskatchewan recruiting last week and Shaw was on the road as well.

Just been seeing Badgers getting players. It has been very quite this summer though.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

They have been getting recruits left and right since Eaves was canned. Now the question is if they all stay committed or not. 

The other question is whether they pan out.  Wisconsin's pipeline is very young.

You look at the birth year of kids that have committed to various schools.  UND has 5 kids born in 2000 or later.  Michigan the same.  DU has 4, MN has 6.  BC and BU each have 8.  Many programs have zero.  A lot of good programs, like UMD, UNO, SCSU, etc..., might have one or two.

Wisconsin has 13.  There are a lot of chances to miss on those guys.

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

They have been getting recruits left and right since Eaves was canned. Now the question is if they all stay committed or not. 

They got Sampo Ranta to commit to them. I know he was on campus last year really late. So he's one to keep an eye on from our perspective 

38 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

http://m.gazette.com/adding-college-players-likely-behind-roy-avs-rift/article/1582514

Patrick Roy suddenly and unexpectedly resigned as head coach of the Colorado Avalanche this morning. Here is CC Tiger beat writer Joe Paisley's theory as to why...

Seems like a large leap to say an influx of college players are a reason why he quit... it's a hypothesis but not much in the way of facts to back it up.

That being said, I do really like Paisley's writing.

• Upvote 1