SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

17 hours ago, dagies said:

I think someone on this board (Rick?) has made this comment before, and some people have laughed at it.  But, here it is confirmed by Michael Russo:

Sidney Crosby was almost a Fighting Sioux

The first time I'd ever heard the name "Sidney Crosby" was in a private conversation with two really, really old guys named Rick and PCM. That was before Rick ever put the name out here. 

OK, really, really, really, really old guys. :D

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Rick said:

UND was the only program he was looking at and there actually was a way he was coming here. 

Correct, at that particular time (when he was 15).  I believe Parise and A. Schneider gave him the tour or were at least there for it.  However, during what would have been his true freshman year, he had 102 points in the NHL. 

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Correct, at that particular time (when he was 15).  I believe Parise and A. Schneider gave him the tour or were at least there for it.  However, during what would have been his true freshman year, he had 102 points in the NHL. 

Having him play at UND would have been one way to make me a big fan of him. Great player, just get tired of him bein a little cry baby sometimes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Having him play at UND would have been one way to make me a big fan of him. Great player, just get tired of him bein a little cry baby sometimes.

He's in my top 3, I think he has cut down on the whining ten fold as compared to several years ago.

20 hours ago, dagies said:

This never got farther than being "prospective" so this is probably as good of a spot as any for looking back.....I think someone on this board (Rick?) has made this comment before, and some people have laughed at it.  But, here it is confirmed by Michael Russo:

Sidney Crosby was almost a Fighting Sioux

I had to stop at the part where a high school team had Crosby, Stafford, and Duncan on one line.   Its like my brain exploded.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So would Crosby have broken Hrkac's single season points record?

Honestly, he'd have taken a run at it, but college hockey has changed so much* that I think that Hrkac record (46-70-116 in 48 games) will stand for quite a while. 

*Larger goalie pads, shot blocking, defensive schemes in general, and overall lower scoring.

4 hours ago, farce poobah said:

I had to stop at the part where a high school team had Crosby, Stafford, and Duncan on one line.   Its like my brain exploded.

Sounds like a teenage pimple problem to me.  :D

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

So would Crosby have broken Hrkac's single season points record?

that record is untouchable...like DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak...or Henry Aaron's 755 homeruns. (sorry Barry Bonds but you are a cheater)

• Upvote 1

On June 10, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

I'd say Hrkac record is even more out there unbeatable......like Ripkens consecutive games,  Gretzky point total.......or my epic post college dry spell with the ladies.

LOL

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:13 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

I'd say Hrkac record is even more out there unbeatable......like Ripkens consecutive games,  Gretzky point total.......or my epic post college dry spell with the ladies.

:D  Their loss, F4s.

On 6/9/2016 at 0:07 PM, scpa0305 said:

He's in my top 3, I think he has cut down on the whining ten fold as compared to several years ago.

It's cut down, but it's still awful. He's a hack. Phenomenal player, but a hack, in my eyes. Prime example was last night when he slashed Thorton as Big Joe was skating away from the opening faceoff. Why does he do that nonsense. He's so good and it's so unnecessary.

• Downvote 1

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

It's cut down, but it's still awful. He's a hack. Phenomenal player, but a hack, in my eyes. Prime example was last night when he slashed Thorton as Big Joe was skating away from the opening faceoff. Why does he do that nonsense. He's so good and it's so unnecessary.

You just contradicted yourself. Crosby is the opposite of a hack....he's generational.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

You just contradicted yourself. Crosby is the opposite of a hack....he's generational.

I'm talking hack in the sense of slashing and nonsensical dives and piddly junk. Not hack as in a poor player. My fault. Hack probably wasn't the best choice of words. Is panzy applicable? :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits