SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

NTDP defenseman Max Gildon commits to Wisconsin. Gildon is a highly skilled defenseman with a lot of potential I know UND had interest in him.

Maxwell@GildonMax 2h2 hours ago
Proud to announce my commitment to the University of Wisconsin! Thank you to everybody who has helped along the way!

Big get.  I thought we might get him.  He is a flight risk.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

I can see him not showing up at Wisconsin. Who has his WHL rights?

Vancouver took him in the 3rd round. Read he would have been the probable 1st overall pick but he wouldn't commit to WHL. I agree with you I don't think it is a sure thing he ends up at wisconsin could be influenced by who drafts him.

4 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

NTDP defenseman Max Gildon commits to Wisconsin. Gildon is a highly skilled defenseman with a lot of potential I know UND had interest in him.

Maxwell@GildonMax 2h2 hours ago
Proud to announce my commitment to the University of Wisconsin! Thank you to everybody who has helped along the way!

Hopefully we can get him to commit to UND once he opens his recruitment back up.  ;)  :D

• Upvote 1

Adam Huska is still the top goalie in the USHL: 19-7-2 1.85 GAA .932 SV% (same age as Tomek)

Eeli Tolvanen: 15-17-32 in 38 games.

Eetu Selanne 5-4-9 in his first season in the USHL. Looks like he'll need another year there.

Liam Keeler: 26-51-77 for the SSAC Lions AAA Bantam

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=326644

Peyton Krebs: 46-56-102 Rocky Mountain Raiders AAA Bantam.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=322178

Ethan Browne: 39-38-77 Sherwood Park Flyers AAA Bantam.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=412519

Two big Finnish goalies playing in the NAPHL this year.

Daniel Lebedeff http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=250079

Nicholas Kaltala http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=339359

1 hour ago, Sodbuster said:

I'm watching the TRF vs. Princeton, also. Ethan Johnson looked especially good on that 2nd goal.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Pretty fast.

57 minutes ago, hrkac said:

Has Johnson committed to a school yet?

He's got good wheels, decent size, great hands and can flat out score. Hasn't committed. I'm thinking he's gotta be on our radar.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He's got good wheels, decent size, great hands and can flat out score. Hasn't committed. I'm thinking he's gotta be on our radar.

I'm going to go out on a limb.....I'm guessing he'll end up at SCSU, Mankato, or Duluth.  In that order.  He has SCSU written all over him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, scpa0305 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb.....I'm guessing he'll end up at SCSU, Mankato, or Duluth.  In that order.  He has SCSU written all over him.

I don't think that's going out on a limb.... totally agree with you on the SCSU sentiment. I'd be surprised to find out that UND isn't looking at him, though.

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I don't think that's going out on a limb.... totally agree with you on the SCSU sentiment. I'd be surprised to find out that UND isn't looking at him, though.

They may be, especially now.  But he really hasn't done all that much until this year, playing a single A schedule.  That's not a knock but the other single A guys we've gotten had produced for a long time before their senior years.  Single A talent is pretty difficult to judge without seeing them play junior A hockey. He has scored a bunch but his assist totals are pretty low. 

Just now, scpa0305 said:

They may be, especially now.  But he really hasn't done all that much until this year, playing a single A schedule.  That's not a knock but the other single A guys we've gotten had produced for a long time before there senior years.

I don't disagree. He's definitely a kid that will spend a year or two in juniors. But, if he scores like this in the US or BC, he's gonna play D-I for sure.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I don't disagree. He's definitely a kid that will spend a year or two in juniors. But, if he scores like this in the US or BC, he's gonna play D-I for sure.

Agreed.  Obviously someone UND will keep an eye on.