SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well that surely puts some swirl into the water.

The assumption was brother James would follow him to the Crimson; now what ... 

If I were snarky I'd say ... BU's NIL offer must've hit the number ... :glare:

yeah BU, BC, MI, or MN. Would be fun to see them go against the grain though.

With WI back in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they charge hard for guys like this.  In fact, since they not only recruit nationally but also regionally, I would say that generally recruiting just got a little tougher for UND and MN.  That's based on the assumption that the Hastings group is better at both recruiting and coaching than their predecessors.

1 minute ago, Goose15 said:

I hope we get him, but would question why we didn't land him in the first place. 

I brought this up already, but was it a Shaugabay type situation? By that I mean UND didn't offer by the time he committed to another school. I'll still stand by it, if UND offered Shaugabay, he would have committed. 

Some big moves upcoming with the Hagens bros and Zellers.

Honestly not surprised to see both BU and Harvard losing recruits with how many commitments both of those schools have been getting recently. 
Reminds me of the Eaves days at UW, where they had like 15-20 recruits lined up for each season.  :D  

Would be shocked if the Hagens brothers don't end up at one of the Boston schools or UM/UMN, but Zellers would be a great addition to our current group.

5 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

What are the prospect gurus saying about Zellers? Like first-round draft-pick potential?

Where will Zellers play this upcoming season?

He’s playing at Shattuck I believe. Some were saying Green Bay in the USHL but I think that’s after he’s done at Shattuck. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jk said:

With WI back in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they charge hard for guys like this.  In fact, since they not only recruit nationally but also regionally, I would say that generally recruiting just got a little tougher for UND and MN.  That's based on the assumption that the Hastings group is better at both recruiting and coaching than their predecessors.

Personally, with how Hastings ravaged his former team, I hope he flops.   I know, he has to do what he thinks is best to win, but I don't think all of those guys he took are must haves when he has the ability to recruit more high end guys at Wisconsin.  

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

Personally, with how Hastings ravaged his former team, I hope he flops.   I know, he has to do what he thinks is best to win, but I don't think all of those guys he took are must haves when he has the ability to recruit more high end guys at Wisconsin.  

100% agree...not a fan of how he left the Purple Cows.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jk said:

Hastings recruited a lot of over-agers/late bloomers at Mankato?  Not sure how they will do recruiting against the other blue bloods, although, UW historically a top program. 

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

Sounds like Lindberg is down to UND and DU for his final two.
Would be nice to get all three of the F/M boys.

DU has a track record for letting smaller skill guys play. Makes sense they’re in the running. I’m hoping we get him as well. He’s always been a fun player to watch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I doubt we were in on him but Shane Vansaghi committed to Mich State. Benefits of hiring for NTDP coach I assume, they’ve had a very solid recruiting year.

Some solid recruits and great pickups from the portal.
They should be much improved this year.  UW too.
The B10 might be more tightly contested this year.