SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

4 hours ago, burd said:

Minoters are crazy as loons, though, you know . . .

Lol.  Crazy as Magicians.  And whatever they call the Minot North team.  I've gotta figure out where the line is because I'm not sure what high school I would have attended had there been two back then. 

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Reminds me of Minot native and 3rd rounder Alex Schoenborn. Watched UND win the natty while playing for the Winterhawks. 

I worked at MAYSA when he and Mason Morelli were coming up as squirts and you could tell those two were special.  Morelli was pretty darn good, but Schoenborn was a step ahead of him back then.  If you would have bet me which one would play in the NHL I would have said Alex.  Looks like it will be Mason though.  

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Lol.  Crazy as Magicians.  And whatever they call the Minot North team.  I've gotta figure out where the line is because I'm not sure what high school I would have attended had there been two back then. 

When did Minot Ryan cease to exist?

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I worked at MAYSA when he and Mason Morelli were coming up as squirts and you could tell those two were special.  Morelli was pretty darn good, but Schoenborn was a step ahead of him back then.  If you would have bet me which one would play in the NHL I would have said Alex.  Looks like it will be Mason though.  

Saw Alex play a few games his overage year for the Winterhawks. By that point everyone around him caught up. At least he didn't get jerked around and traded during his MJ tenure.

Not sure the right place to put this, but Fantilli was on the most recent episode of Spittin' Chiclets. Said his decision came down to UND and Michigan. Been a familiar place for these incredibly high-end guys these last few years. UND being in the final 2 or 3 and not being able to actually win the recruiting battle. Being in the mix is very important, one of these years you just feel like the tide could turn. That being said, Hensler and Mooney. Finalists again, let's see if this is the year they finally come out on top for one of these guys. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Anyone have a subscription to this care to share some of where the big recruits are possibly heading?

Just went to the website and in regard to your question specifically, you can find a lot of that information without being a member. You can just search by player and you'll be able to know if there's a prediction associated with them. I listed a handful of potential 2007 recruits at the beginning of June, none of them have predictions. The two big names for 2006 (Emery / Hensler) do not have predictions. 

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

What about Hagens?

All I hear in regard to him is UMN unfortunately. 

He does have a prediction. From what non-members can see.

• NCAA 80% / CHL 20%
  • Harvard - 40%

Back to their Top 20 2007 ranked players. You can search for any player, but if you use filters, you'll see their Top 20 rankings. 

• 2007 / USA Defenseman.
    • Two of the Top 20 have predictions.
  • 2007 / USA Forwards.
    • One of the Top 20 has a prediction.

14 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

The article behind the paywall apparently says he is going to Harvard 

13 minutes ago, AJS said:

• NCAA 80% / CHL 20%
  • Harvard - 40%

I guess that would make sense since his brother is going there this fall.
Thanks for the info!

On 6/30/2023 at 5:17 PM, Speez said:

Quite a few legacy players coming up in the next few years that have played together on Team ND. Not saying they should all be recruited, but they should at least be on the radar. Most have a good shot at playing at higher levels than ND High School hockey and hopefully take advantage of that opportunity.

Who are the 08's from North Dakota going to Buffalo besides the Johnson kid from West Fargo?

2 hours ago, AJS said:

• NCAA 80% / CHL 20%
  • Harvard - 40%

HEY! That's more than 100%. The kid is THAT good?  ;)  :D 

Yeah-yeah, 40% H, 40% other NCAA, 20% CHL ... 

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Not sure the right place to put this, but Fantilli was on the most recent episode of Spittin' Chiclets. Said his decision came down to UND and Michigan. Been a familiar place for these incredibly high-end guys these last few years. UND being in the final 2 or 3 and not being able to actually win the recruiting battle. Being in the mix is very important, one of these years you just feel like the tide could turn. That being said, Hensler and Mooney. Finalists again, let's see if this is the year they finally come out on top for one of these guys. 

We seriously need to figure out how to seal the deal with top talent.  This is more than a one off - it is a trend lately.  Not sure what is happening but we need to out-recruit our rivals and get off the darn portal.

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

To be fair he also chose it over Harvard. If you choose St Cloud over Harvard....well....

I read the guy’s commitment article and I read those schools (UND, Harvard, etc) as schools that showed recruiting interest. It didn’t specify “offers.” I mean he talked about how great SCSU’s facilities are. So I’m not sure he even took a visit to UND. But that’s just my interpretation of his quotes. 

• Upvote 2