SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Not that he's a prospective recruit anymore, but my gosh is Mitchell Miller killing it in the USHL.  Won't be coming to UND, but someone is going to get themselves a player if they decide to put up with the screams from cancel culture.

Perhaps a jump to Europe for the kid.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Not that he's a prospective recruit anymore, but my gosh is Mitchell Miller killing it in the USHL.  Won't be coming to UND, but someone is going to get themselves a player if they decide to put up with the screams from cancel culture.

Yep, phenomenal talent. Hopefully someone grabs him (assuming he’s done the right things for himself to make up for past behavior).

16 hours ago, cberkas said:

Max Strand to Vermont

I know he put up numbers but I've just never been real impressed watching him. Seems to disappear lot of times throughout games. Saw him twice against Warroad, twice against Moorhead, and Elk River playoff game and just never got the hey we should be after this kid feeling.

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Maybe Major Juniors?

12 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

So who contacts Fantilli after Mel gets the axe 

Mel Pearson could be gone; the allegations are not a good look on a woke Michigan campus. 

The "duck WMU" PR fiasco is just more fuel on a smoldering pile of not-good. 

https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-hockey/connor-earegood-pearsons-lack-of-an-extension-is-suspect/ 

And if Adam Fantilli needs a home, I'm sure UND could find him a bed on campus and a rack to hang his street clothes on and some sweats when he goes for a skate in REA. ;) 

48 minutes ago, tnt said:

After the Paul Washe fiasco?

It's a good thing I'm not a player against them.
I'd be chirping about "Where's your captain? Which cell block?" at every opportunity. 

Yeah, Coach Fershenwatzhiznam doesn't need Miller and that baggage in his present (Washe) environment. 

If today's hockey had its version of the 1970s Oakland Raiders, Miller would be there already. --> All the other stuff? Meh. "Just win baby!" 

23 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mel Pearson could be gone; the allegations are not a good look on a woke Michigan campus. 

The "duck WMU" PR fiasco is just more fuel on a smoldering pile of not-good. 

https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-hockey/connor-earegood-pearsons-lack-of-an-extension-is-suspect/ 

And if Adam Fantilli needs a home, I'm sure UND could find him a bed on campus and a rack to hang his street clothes on and some sweats when he goes for a skate in REA. ;) 

Moldenhauer just announced his schools and Und isn’t one of them…but Michigan is. I don’t think it has anything to do with coaching. It has to do with playing with other studs…and they have a lot of them. 

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Moldenhauer just announced his schools and Und isn’t one of them…but Michigan is. I don’t think it has anything to do with coaching. It has to do with playing with other studs…and they have a lot of them. 

Good, hope Michigan gets him, just means he isn’t going to one of the other schools who know how to build a championship type team.  I actually hope Michigan brings Mel back for the same reason.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

And how many of those studs will be back next year? Haven't they already lost two guys?

44 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And how many of those studs will be back next year? Haven't they already lost two guys?

Oh, make no mistake, they keep reloading with those types of players, but will it be enough when you are constantly adjusting to a new line mate, and never having that familiarity like those lines that have been playing together for a while.  I don’t believe it is coincidence that guys like Hain, Jamernik and Senden didn’t produce near as much without being together as they did before Hain got hurt.

4 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

7 Minnesota kids on the team and I believe only Plante is committed. Little surprised to see the Moorhead kid go.

Have Frisch call Laurila and get the kid to campus.  Will only be 16 in September.  Thought we may get to see him play a year of high school for the Spuds.

Macklin Celebrini from Shattuck Prep team signed a tender with Chicago Steel. Would have probably been #1 pick in USHL draft.

Great news for colleges as he was the #1 overall pick in WHL draft to Seattle Thunderbirds. I'm sure he is #1 recruit on our radar. 117 pts playing midget AAA as a 15 year old.