SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 10/5/24

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

Take out the wins over teams like Idaho State, ISU Blue, Northern Colorado, and Murray State and you get down to probably 1 or 2 wins.  Off the top of my head, Portland State is the only road win I can remember over a team that finished above 500.

On the bright side, if bubba won today there is no telling how long Chavez would have extended him for.

Why isn't there more pressure on Chaves to demand excellence in our programs?

The game went the way. I expected  with opening drives where we came out with standard run up the middle for first two plays setting up Bison defense having to just fill the gaps to stop us and then playing a good pass defense keep everyone in front of them denying  pass 7 to 9 yards. I don’t  know why we didn’t come out with Romfo rolling out with pass option and if not with running ball or option  to back to run the ball.  This would have spread SU defense and it would have been something they would have not been totally prepared. Second we hit Quincy for nice gain but never came back to our tight ends and this has been happening all year. I still think we need another option at receiver like Deng to help Bo and Dennis get open. Even if he doesn’t get open his speed and size would require defense have to cover him and if they don’t he could be wide open for deep threat. Und reasons for loosing on the road so much is we put together game plan only plays to our strengths but is predictable and teams prepare for to stop. This is Bubbas down fall he needs to take some risk on the road especially when he is playing top valley conference this is why we only have road wins bottom of the conference.  I  can think of several games like this like USD game last year where we got up but played so conservative where we final lost game with not doing anything second half. Bubba likes to play percentages if controll the ball and don’t make any mistakes you should win the game. It’s. Like the NFL when teams go into prevent defense and teams start moving ball game gets close and they loose instead of what got them lead and be in position of winning game easily.  This has been UND’s weakenes and I believe Bubba believes if he took higher risks would maybe lead to his dismissal instead he maintains consistent record year after year but will he ever climb mountain  that is big question. SDSU coach steglemeier finally put together team that won it all both of them come from same school of thought  and retired after that both him and Bubba built programs from ground up and also worked on facilities and getting support for the programs.