SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

On 7/30/2024 at 10:50 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

run it down their throat with z and hunt.....jerry makes a few throws and makes a few plays with his feet like und and keaton did at wyoming.

play physical and we got this

I’m all for the optimism but I don’t think this Iowa State team and that horrid Wyoming team should be mentioned together.

• Upvote 2

I just hope we can play well enough to not embarrass us and keep the game respectable. The problem is there are so many changes since last year I don’t think this could lead to complete break down if things go wrong.  I have feeling new offensive coordinator and line coach are in for rude awaking in making this jump division I. I believe this was reason for loss of Hagen and Borud they were not buying into this new coaching regime and made up their mind after spring practice. I believe Bubba must have known or had inclination  of this but hes old school hard for him to understand kids today.

I like Bubba but I wonder if he can adapt fast enough to how college sports are changing. His teams have been well coached and he has coaches that have recruited some good talent but they have not been able to stock pile talent to reach the next level. Even with that they have won enough to make playoffs but he has coached in playoffs playing conservative game but not willing to take high risk and going all out to put teams away early. I thought last year we did that in NDSU game but come after that we crawled back into our shell again. I wonder if that wasn’t reasons Freud move on even to SDSU learn how to win post season.

• Upvote 2

I'd just like to see the team not run out of gas with 20 minutes to play.

I've seen that too many times in FBS games, most notably at Nebraska. I could also argue at Texas Tech. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I just hope we can play well enough to not embarrass us and keep the game respectable. The problem is there are so many changes since last year I don’t think this could lead to complete break down if things go wrong.  I have feeling new offensive coordinator and line coach are in for rude awaking in making this jump division I. I believe this was reason for loss of Hagen and Borud they were not buying into this new coaching regime and made up their mind after spring practice. I believe Bubba must have known or had inclination  of this but hes old school hard for him to understand kids today.

I like Bubba but I wonder if he can adapt fast enough to how college sports are changing. His teams have been well coached and he has coaches that have recruited some good talent but they have not been able to stock pile talent to reach the next level. Even with that they have won enough to make playoffs but he has coached in playoffs playing conservative game but not willing to take high risk and going all out to put teams away early. I thought last year we did that in NDSU game but come after that we crawled back into our shell again. I wonder if that wasn’t reasons Freud move on even to SDSU learn how to win post season.

I’m sure they’re in for a rude awakening coaching at a level lower than they played at

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m sure they’re in for a rude awakening coaching at a level lower than they played at

Took the words out of my mouth.  They played Big 10.  Issac play pro.  

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I just can't wait to watch the Jerry & Bo connection!!!

Don’t care who does the connecting as long as it works

be fun to see some longer than 15 yards on a consistent basis 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Not sure why some try tear down the coaches and team before season starts

Some people stick to their observations, despite what they want to happen. I want UND to be great, but I also think we know what we’re going to get with a Bubba led team at this point. Just above 0.500 football, no FBS upset, and certainly no big road wins or playoff wins. That means Iowa State game to start the season is almost certainly a loss; I expect they keep it close during the first half but get blown out in second half per usual fashion. Only unknown is new offensive coordinator/new QB combo, but the overall leadership and motivation (and also defense and special teams) remains the same.

On 8/2/2024 at 11:59 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Some people stick to their observations, despite what they want to happen. I want UND to be great, but I also think we know what we’re going to get with a Bubba led team at this point. Just above 0.500 football, no FBS upset, and certainly no big road wins or playoff wins. That means Iowa State game to start the season is almost certainly a loss; I expect they keep it close during the first half but get blown out in second half per usual fashion. Only unknown is new offensive coordinator/new QB combo, but the overall leadership and motivation (and also defense and special teams) remains the same.

Fully expect to be blown out at Iowa State.  Very unproven O-line (f'n portal) and a QB that has never started a college game, WRs that can get separation in FCS struggle big time in this one, swiss cheese D.  This is a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Fully expect to be blown out at Iowa State.  Very unproven O-line (f'n portal) and a QB that has never started a college game, WRs that can get separation in FCS struggle big time in this one, swiss cheese D.  This is a recipe for disaster.

I don’t like to hear it, but I agree with you. Usually travel to every UND vs. FBS game, but won’t be going to this one …

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Plus Iowa State is projected to be better than I had originally thought, certainly better than the Nebraska team we played 2 years ago.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Just saw a national poll having them at #16. 

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

Plus Iowa State is projected to be better than I had originally thought, certainly better than the Nebraska team we played 2 years ago.  

That Nebraska team (2022) was awful. Frost was fired the very next game, yet Bubba’s team once again couldn’t get out of its own way and finish for once. 

• Upvote 1