SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

An anonymous source has told me that Berg isn't signing, he is 100% coming back. On the subject of Whitelaw, he has some ability, but is not well-liked by teammates.

Thats too bad...I rather enjoy a good WhiteClaw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

An anonymous source has told me that Berg isn't signing, he is 100% coming back. On the subject of Whitelaw, he has some ability, but is not well-liked by teammates.

How does someone tell you and stay anonymous?  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, burd said:

How does someone tell you and stay anonymous?

They use back channels. I don't know the identity of this person either.

Unless something is official (from the player himself or Schloss), I wouldn't put 100% stock in it anyway. Blake was supposed to have signed with Carolina on Monday and we are still waiting for it to happen.

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They use back channels. I don't know the identity of this person either.

Unless something is official, I wouldn't put 100% stock in it anyway. Blake was supposed to have signed with Carolina yesterday.

I'm a social media idiot, so I'm sincere here.   What is a back channel in modern social media setting?   Someone published to a person who then contacted you?  Again, I'm not questioning the accuracy of your statement--just wanting to understand the process.  Mostly because a shyt ton of the information we consume moves in manners similar to that.  

13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Was this Berg's other friend that was with him at the bar that night ;) Just kidding. I've heard he's staying, too. I hope it's true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was this Berg's other friend that was with him at the bar that night ;) Just kidding. I've heard he's staying, too. I hope it's true.

I heard the same thing, too. 

Berg was drafted in summer 2021 (NYI).
If he stays, -22, -23, -24, -25, that's four seasons after being drafted; he'd be a rookie UFA. 

Berg kinda has NYI by the 'short and curlies' like Blake has CAR. 

It would be a gut punch to lose either Blake or Berg. Losing both would really hurt. Like about two gut punches worth.

You hope that part of the payoff of getting a player who isn't a first-round draft pick is having him stay that extra year (or two)...whatever that means for a particular player. 

• Upvote 1

While we await Blake and Berg, the staff had better be working the phones. 

Assume Swanson, Boisvert, and Croal incoming: There's still Emerson's slot to fill plus the outcome of the Blake and Berg decisions. Even if you assume in Littler (for Emerson) you could still have two slots! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RhettRingers said:

I've also heard from a very reliable source that Berg is coming back. They very reliable source was him.

You put it in the wringer; hope nobody turns that handle on ya. ;)  

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

Was there just bad info out on Berg leaving, or has there been some behind the scenes NIL activity?

My sources tell me Wilbur became involved.   

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

Was there just bad info out on Berg leaving, or has there been some behind the scenes NIL activity?

Happy Harry's is giving him $1.5 million to be their spokesman :bigsmile:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Happy Harry's is giving him $1.5 million to be their spokesman :bigsmile:

If Gershmans have that kind of cabbage to toss around I may rethink a return of the 18th Amendment. 

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

My guess is because he'll become an UFA next year so there was some assumption he was signing.

7 hours ago, burd said:

My sources tell me Wilbur became involved.   

From a woman Wilbur has been with for 14 years, "he was too d@mn busy on the golf course to do anything else."

Sources close to Wilbur can confirm. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

From a woman Wilbur has been with for 14 years, "he was too d@mn busy on the golf course to do anything else."

Sources close to Wilbur can confirm. 

Anonymous sources? ;)

21 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

….his teammates were Badgers. I’m sure I wouldn’t have been well liked either