SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

11 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Hopefully his younger and more talented brother Zeev gets picked high in the NHL draft by a defenseman hungry NHL team and leaves as well!

Get Behrens, Rizzo, and Devine to sign as well. Maybe even Carle to leave for the NHL. 

• Upvote 1

I'm kind of surprised that Davis hasn't signed yet.  Normally there is a team willing to go with a "Lightning in a bottle" gamble on a kid that had the performance that he had.

I'm hearing from my Denver fans friends to expect something soon from the Carle camp about possibilities in the NHL.  The Pios are talking restructuring his contract, so it will take a bit of guaranteed money to get him to jump ship.  

23 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Get Behrens, Rizzo, and Devine to sign as well. Maybe even Carle to leave for the NHL. 

I would be shocked if Carle left.  You are on top of the college hockey world and have job security plus sounds like DU is possibly going to give him a raise.

• Upvote 1

Let's play the "what needs to happen" to the following teams, starting now. This is from a UND perspective to bring them down a bit.

• Denver: 1 more early signing
  • Boston College: 2 more early signings
  • Boston University: Celibrini to sign after he's drafted
  • Michigan: 1 more early signing
  • Michigan State: 2 early signings

Ideally, we see more, but at a minimum, we need that to bring UND even starting next year.

Important note. The final central scouting rankings were released and you had three NCAA players in the Top 4 for NA. 

Maybe I just have higher expectations of a program like ours, which used to be considered the best or at least one of.   Now we are content beating our rivals because they lose their best talent?  We used to say, "Bring your best and be ready to lose."   I hope the players and staff haven't lowered their standards like we have here. 

:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, burd said:

Maybe I just have higher expectations of a program like ours, which used to be considered the best or at least one of.   Now we are content beating our rivals because they lose their best talent?  We used to say, "Bring your best and be ready to lose."   I hope the players and staff haven't lowered their standards like we have here. 

:D

How dominant was UND between 1983-1995?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

I would be shocked if Carle left.  You are on top of the college hockey world and have job security plus sounds like DU is possibly going to give him a raise.

No way DU is giving the kind of money he would see in the NHL, if a job in the NHL comes up and they want to hire him, he will take it.

43 minutes ago, AJS said:

Let's play the "what needs to happen" to the following teams, starting now. This is from a UND perspective to bring them down a bit.

• Denver: 1 more early signing
  • Boston College: 2 more early signings
  • Boston University: Celibrini to sign after he's drafted
  • Michigan: 1 more early signing
  • Michigan State: 2 early signings

Ideally, we see more, but at a minimum, we need that to bring UND even starting next year.

Important note. The final central scouting rankings were released and you had three NCAA players in the Top 4 for NA. 

I understand what you're saying & it makes a lot of sense, but that kind of mentality strikes me as not having much faith in UND; that the other team needs to be brought down a couple of pegs in order for the good guys to have a chance. It's not so much the physical talent of the other teams that concerns me, but Berry's philosophy & the mental strength/grittiness of our guys. If Berry can have his guys clicking on all cylinders come late March (which would be a minor miracle), then it doesn't matter much who's on the other team. That is Berry's biggest coaching challenge: to be Carle-esque when it matters.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, .357 said:

I understand what you're saying & it makes a lot of sense, but that kind of mentality strikes me as not having much faith in UND; that the other team needs to be brought down a couple of pegs in order for the good guys to have a chance. It's not so much the physical talent of the other teams that concerns me, but Berry's philosophy & the mental strength/grittiness of our guys. If Berry can have his guys clicking on all cylinders come late March (which would be a minor miracle), then it doesn't matter much who's on the other team. That is Berry's biggest coaching challenge: to be Carle-esque when it matters.

I think the point is that it would be difficult if we lose guys early, but other teams don't. But I agree with you; we have to have the mentality that we can beat anybody if we show up and play a full 60 minutes.