SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

I hope he can make the whole "going this way, no the other way" thing work in the NHL, because he was a master of it here.  He just has a level of deception I haven't seen much of over the years.  A super exciting player.  He would have just killed college hockey next year.  

487 points would put Jackson Blake in the top 10 all time for points for UND players in the NHL (although Boeser and Schmaltz will beat him there) and one more ahead of the current #10 player, Jason Blake.

I look forward to watching how his NHL career progresses.  Hope he can become another Sioux legend in the pros.

UND needs replacements for Blake and Emerson (two Fs) to get back to 15 on the roster. 

Will it go pipeline (risk someone too early), portal, or off the board to the great northern hinterlands and an unexpected wildcard. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

UND needs replacements for Blake and Emerson (two Fs) to get back to 15 on the roster. 

Will it go pipeline (risk someone too early), portal, or off the board to the great northern hinterlands and an unexpected wildcard. 

Maybe we can try Adam Fantilli again

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He's gonna need that good luck. Or he could surprise me.

It may take a bit for him to adapt to the speed and strength at the next level, but he reminds me of Johnny Gaudreau in that he is small but has the hockey sense and shiftiness to be a step ahead of the average player, which should make him successful at some point.   

6 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

They all say that but yet they all leave early. 

Carolina to Jackson Blake: "We love your game and think you have a great chance of playing in the NHL almost right away (proverbial blowing of smoke up his arse). Even if you have to play in the AHL for a time, you will get more games against better competition, you will learn our system and you will get paid. And, you don't have to go to classes anymore." Jackson Blake to Carolina: "where can I sign up?"

It is very hard for a young man who has never had any $ of his own to turn down the opportunity to get a paycheck and to pursue the dream of playing in the NHL. The problem is that most don't realize that (1) many of those young men are being signed solely for the purpose of restocking the minor league system and will never play in the NHL and (2) the team is just pouring honey down the player's throat, rubbing his belly and telling him how special he is, but it is just smoke.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Carolina to Jackson Blake: "We love your game and think you have a great chance of playing in the NHL almost right away (proverbial blowing of smoke up his arse). Even if you have to play in the AHL for a time, you will get more games against better competition, you will learn our system and you will get paid. And, you don't have to go to classes anymore." Jackson Blake to Carolina: "where can I sign up?"

It is very hard for a young man who has never had any $ of his own to turn down the opportunity to get a paycheck and to pursue the dream of playing in the NHL. The problem is that most don't realize that (1) many of those young men are being signed solely for the purpose of restocking the minor league system and will never play in the NHL and (2) the team is just pouring honey down the player's throat, rubbing his belly and telling him how special he is, but it is just smoke.

I wonder if they promised him playing time with the big club?

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So how many holes do we have to plug before October?

So far...two forward spots.

That could go a number of ways. 
-- both Littler and Klee brought in along with other freshmen forwards
-- one of those two above comes in and then add a portal forward
-- neither of them come in and we get two portal forwards

2 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Rodents have a nice advantage with 1st Rounder Snuggy coming back for a 3rd year.  Wish we could same the same.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

If Michigan doesn't lose anyone early, I will be apoplectic.

Will be interesting to watch BC & BU offseasons as well.  Both have a ton of highly skilled underclassmen that could leave early.
But will those players "pull a Snuggy" or "pull a Blake"?  That will determine how stacked their teams are next year.