SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday gameday: Ludvig goes home.

burd

6 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Hoby needs to play on Saturday. 

I thought he would have been pulled after that 4th goal, but he did shut em out in the 3rd (why I get the big bucks for being the couch coach)

He deserves to play tomorrow night. Hopefully his nerves are settled.

1 hour ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Ludvig saves the game. Blake skates off the ice almost immediately after scoring. No celebration. Blake seems frustrated. Nice comeback win.

was wondering if blake was pissed he didn't get the first shift in OT?  very weird celly if you can even call it that.

51 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Didn’t mention the poor defensive play. Blamed it on bounces. Puck luck. Same stuff.

Well, I don't think he was that far off. UND played well in that game, by in large, and a couple of bad bounces did lead to goals, two that Luddy would want back. 

Plus, what do you want Bubs to say? I'll never understand why anyone wants a coach to rip his players publicly. It accomplishes nothing. The team knows they shouldn't have needed OT for the win.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Well, I don't think he was that far off. UND played well in that game, by in large, and a couple of bad bounces did lead to goals, two that Luddy would want back. 

Plus, what do you want Bubs to say? I'll never understand why anyone wants a coach to rip his players publicly. It accomplishes nothing. The team knows they shouldn't have needed OT for the win.

All four goals against Ludvig were solid scoring chances. Sure, he’s stopped them before. His defense left him out to dry every time. 

Now, Berry is the ultimate players coach. Why the interviews after the game, if he’s just gonna sugar coat everything? It just looks bad. Really no excuse for the turnovers and poor back checking. This is against a bad team, that was without their top players. Blake running to the locker room after winning the game, tells the tale.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One of those nights where the stats tell a big part of the story.

Suggesting Miami worked harder than us tonight.  Blocked Shots:  MIA 28  UND 8.   Face offs: MIA 33 UND 24. 

For once, the plus minus (attached box score) give hints as to who was effective tonight.   I wouldn't be surprised if there's some line juggling Saturday. 

The long breaks in the 3rd period helped Miami's short bench keep some legs later on.  

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/box/final/20240202/ndk/mia/

6 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

All four goals against Ludvig were solid scoring chances. Sure, he’s stopped them before. His defense left him out to dry every time. 

Now, Berry is the ultimate players coach. Why the interviews after the game, if he’s just gonna sugar coat everything? It just looks bad. Really no excuse for the turnovers and poor back checking. This is against a bad team, that was without their top players. Blake running to the locker room after winning the game, tells the tale.

What tale is that, exactly?   I read it as a focused, talented player who feels he and his team ought to have played better.   Not the least bit unusual that even the best teams have off nights, but it is a little unusual to have the guy scoring an OT game-winner show that kind of refusal to settle for anything but the best.   There isn't a team out there this year, or in UND's storied past, that plays at a top level every weekend.   It's how they react to a sup-par performance that is the important part.   

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, farce poobah said:

One of those nights where the stats tell a big part of the story.

Suggesting Miami worked harder than us tonight.  Blocked Shots:  MIA 28  UND 8.   Face offs: MIA 33 UND 24. 

For once, the plus minus (attached box score) give hints as to who was effective tonight.   I wouldn't be surprised if there's some line juggling Saturday. 

The long breaks in the 3rd period helped Miami's short bench keep some legs later on.  

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/box/final/20240202/ndk/mia/

Well I think it was completely on our goalie....should've been yanked after he didn't stop the second shot on the first goal Miami scored. 

I mean he likely wants the 2nd and 3rd back, but the 2nd was a point blank shot 2-1....the 3rd was a blown coverage top of the crease look. 

Completely agree.  Last night was an everyone issue, and I think after the 4th goal against Ludvig made some big time saves to keep us alive. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Team D was atrocious early on. Goalie didn’t save the day. But they locked in when it mattered. It was lt wasn’t bad bounces.

57 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Well I think it was completely on our goalie....should've been yanked after he didn't stop the second shot on the first goal Miami scored. 

I mean he likely wants the 2nd and 3rd back, but the 2nd was a point blank shot 2-1....the 3rd was a blown coverage top of the crease look. 

Completely agree.  Last night was an everyone issue, and I think after the 4th goal against Ludvig made some big time saves to keep us alive. 

Are you saying Perrson should’ve been pulled after it was 2-1? 

• Upvote 1