SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday gameday: Ludvig goes home.

burd

Looking for a big push early from Miami tonight...Steve Cady, their first coach and rink namesake being honored pregame.  Weather the early storm and go to work and win decisively.  At least that's my plan.;)

• Upvote 1

I like the quote by Blake in the herald article....I feel it shows some leadership, and shows that he expects more out of himself and his teammates.  No need to over celebrate winning a game in overtime, that should have been closed out halfway through the third...expect a big push, and a big night tonight...just what my gut says

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 1972 said:

I like the quote by Blake in the herald article....I feel it shows some leadership, and shows that he expects more out of himself and his teammates.  No need to over celebrate winning a game in overtime, that should have been closed out halfway through the third...expect a big push, and a big night tonight...just what my gut says

Exactly what I said about Blake. Winners have higher expections than last night’s performance.  Sometimes a win isn’t win. 

• Upvote 1

I think the mood after last night from the group is "we got away with one."

Blake's post game celly was perfect.  The guy has scored some goals in his day and is normally one to puff his chest a bit.

I hope the team defense is better this evening.  Neutral zone was soft and we took a step back from the Denver performance in our end.

Let's win 5-1 tonight.  Control the game, play fast and in their end. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, brianvf said:

We need to hit the net in order to make him look good.  ;)

Yah, we win in the end but during the game it baffled me as to how many good looks we had where we didn’t put the puck on goal.  At least hit the goalie and have a chance at getting a rebound.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Yah, we win in the end but during the game it baffled me as to how many good looks we had where we didn’t put the puck on goal.  At least hit the goalie and have a chance at getting a rebound.

I agree. Seemed like a lot of shots were targeted just inside the post or trying for bar downs but were off the mark. This team has a lot of snipers but twisted wristers from close range don’t always need that kind of precision to beat a goalie. 

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Blake 4th in the country in points. He shouldn't, but it's possible he signs after the season. Prediction: he is the highest scorer left out of the hobey final 10. 

If he signs, he will never be seen or heard from again. He'll get buried on the depth chart in the AHL and won't get a sniff at the NHL. He is nowhere near ready for the next level.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If he signs, he will never be seen or heard from again. He'll get buried on the depth chart in the AHL and won't get a sniff at the NHL. He is nowhere near ready for the next level.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a three- or four-year player. 

• Upvote 3

Not sure if someone has mentioned this yet.  Tim & Darren were commenting during the 1st intermission that ice conditions were not very good. Said something like "it will be less bad to start the 2nd".  That aside, there were a lot of sloppy passes and dumb turnovers.

2 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

Exactly what I said about Blake. Winners have higher expections than last night’s performance.  Sometimes a win isn’t win. 

And sometimes a near loss can show that players are developing higher expectations for themselves and their teammates.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Considering the Carolina Hurricanes do not currently have an AHL affiliate and their prospects are scattered among several AHL teams, it would make more sense for Blake to stick around until his readiness to make an NHL roster is more obvious. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 1972 said:

What was the quote?

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Not sure if someone has mentioned this yet.  Tim & Darren were commenting during the 1st intermission that ice conditions were not very good. Said something like "it will be less bad to start the 2nd".  That aside, there were a lot of sloppy passes and dumb turnovers.

I was wondering about that, because there were some bad bounces and guys leaving the puck as if it was sticking to the ice. It also looked like the puck was bouncing. I know it's warmer in Ohio, than here. A couple of guys bit it and there was no one around them. 

6 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Team D was atrocious early on. Goalie didn’t save the day. But they locked in when it mattered. It was lt wasn’t bad bounces.

There were definitely a couple bad bounces, but I don't disagree we didn't play our best defensive game.

14 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

All four goals against Ludvig were solid scoring chances. Sure, he’s stopped them before. His defense left him out to dry every time. 

Now, Berry is the ultimate players coach. Why the interviews after the game, if he’s just gonna sugar coat everything? It just looks bad. Really no excuse for the turnovers and poor back checking. This is against a bad team, that was without their top players. Blake running to the locker room after winning the game, tells the tale.

Again, what did he sugar coat? Solid scoring chances? Like on the horrendous bounce that lead to a wide open breakaway on the SHG? 

Whatever. Long story short, d corps didn't play their best and Luddy didn't bail them out. Got the win. Let's stop going in circles lol.

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Again, what did he sugar coat? Solid scoring chances? Like on the horrendous bounce that lead to a wide open breakaway on the SHG? 

Whatever. Long story short, d corps didn't play their best and Luddy didn't bail them out. Got the win. Let's stop going in circles lol.

Come on  man,  you relish putting on your cape and defending anything Kelly green.

17 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Didn’t mention the poor defensive play. Blamed it on bounces. Puck luck. Same stuff.

Or the fact the late reaction to the puck and bad clearances due to pressure from their opponent.

16 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Come on  man,  you relish putting on your cape and defending anything Kelly green.

What am I defending? "We didn't play well and neither did Luddy".... what a stupid "argument" this is.

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

Or the fact the late reaction to the puck and bad clearances due to pressure from their opponent.

I thought Miami was very aggressive on the forecheck throughout the game; they weren't going to give UND an inch out there.  I'm sure we'll see more of that tonight.

• Upvote 1