SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday against our farm team in Omaha

5 hours ago, Scratch said:

Disappointing as it is we don’t have the horses this year to make a run. Especially with our forwards committed to not playing D for one second. We do not have one single tough defenseman. Frankly, not even one good one. Not one single guy on this team plays like Genoway, or Stecher, or Pattyn, or Spirko, or Parise, or Sanderson. Who’s the heart? No one. Unless I’m blind there is not one single try hard on this team. We need try hards.

We do not have, and will not have in the future, ever again, the way recruiting is going, gopher talent that beats try-hard talent. Think about what our D looks like next year. We need talent that simply is not here or coming here (or ever coming here) and that’s assuming the whole back end doesn’t transfer out again. Johannes is our toughest player-what the hell is going on here?

Where are the Blood and  Finley and tough SOBs that are apparently not recruited, but maybe they don’t exist? I know the NCHC didn’t let Kleven play, but does that mean we can’t ever hit again? (No offense Stoney, and I love ya, your optimism here is something needed and that I love-I mean it) but Brad: 1) has recruited exactly 0 first round forwards in NINE fucking years—imagine that happening with Hak who brought in 1-3 most in years (and when he didn’t, D were at least studs); 2) has brought in exactly one gamebreaker, Jake Sanderson, in nine years, who despite being one of the best college hockey players of all time, had the misfortune of being injured at inopportune times;); and 3) does not have studs, and will almost certainly not ever have studs, to compete with the other blue bloods the way things are going, because he is simply unable to recruit with the top schools like hak was. And more importantly, he is not, and has not, ever gotten the best out of his players. Losing in close playoff games is not some sign of competence like most people here seem to have accepted. 

UND should not be a second rate school as far as recruiting goes and it is exactly what we are under Brad. If it is NIL-which it is not as far as I am aware-Dinkyown hasn’t really caught onto yet either. We need a coach who can rally the donors to get on board with NIL mongo stud recruits. We do not have the horses to fix this next year, or the year after that. We are getting murdered in recruiting by BC, BU, MN, Michigan, Michigan State, Denver, and frankly second-rate east coast schools. This is indisputable-15 years ago our alma mater was THE spot to go, it is not anymore, and I wish we had a coach who could sell it like hak. Schloss  spews his “look how 0 first round players won the last couple years championships” without ever mentioning the talent in 2016. Or that Rand Pecknold is a great x and o coach-which Brad unfortunately is not. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. Brad Berry is a great person and anyway who has ever met him knows that. But that is not enough. Winning the conference of 8 does not matter to most of us. In Bismarck the alumns have had enough of schloss’ obsequiousness to take it seriously. Winning one tournament game in 9 years is simply pathetic and Brad should have been fired after he demonstrated his ability by bringing in 18-19 classes highlighted by Joel Janitunniun and Ludwig Hoff

image.gif.76254379689436d685018cfe9d569f9c.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

Disappointing as it is we don’t have the horses this year to make a run. Especially with our forwards committed to not playing D for one second. We do not have one single tough defenseman. Frankly, not even one good one. Not one single guy on this team plays like Genoway, or Stecher, or Pattyn, or Spirko, or Parise, or Sanderson. Who’s the heart? No one. Unless I’m blind there is not one single try hard on this team. We need try hards.

We do not have, and will not have in the future, ever again, the way recruiting is going, gopher talent that beats try-hard talent. Think about what our D looks like next year. We need talent that simply is not here or coming here (or ever coming here) and that’s assuming the whole back end doesn’t transfer out again. Johannes is our toughest player-what the hell is going on here?

Where are the Blood and  Finley and tough SOBs that are apparently not recruited, but maybe they don’t exist? I know the NCHC didn’t let Kleven play, but does that mean we can’t ever hit again? (No offense Stoney, and I love ya, your optimism here is something needed and that I love-I mean it) but Brad: 1) has recruited exactly 0 first round forwards in NINE fucking years—imagine that happening with Hak who brought in 1-3 most in years (and when he didn’t, D were at least studs); 2) has brought in exactly one gamebreaker, Jake Sanderson, in nine years, who despite being one of the best college hockey players of all time, had the misfortune of being injured at inopportune times;); and 3) does not have studs, and will almost certainly not ever have studs, to compete with the other blue bloods the way things are going, because he is simply unable to recruit with the top schools like hak was. And more importantly, he is not, and has not, ever gotten the best out of his players. Losing in close playoff games is not some sign of competence like most people here seem to have accepted. 

UND should not be a second rate school as far as recruiting goes and it is exactly what we are under Brad. If it is NIL-which it is not as far as I am aware-Dinkyown hasn’t really caught onto yet either. We need a coach who can rally the donors to get on board with NIL mongo stud recruits. We do not have the horses to fix this next year, or the year after that. We are getting murdered in recruiting by BC, BU, MN, Michigan, Michigan State, Denver, and frankly second-rate east coast schools. This is indisputable-15 years ago our alma mater was THE spot to go, it is not anymore, and I wish we had a coach who could sell it like hak. Schloss  spews his “look how 0 first round players won the last couple years championships” without ever mentioning the talent in 2016. Or that Rand Pecknold is a great x and o coach-which Brad unfortunately is not. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. Brad Berry is a great person and anyway who has ever met him knows that. But that is not enough. Winning the conference of 8 does not matter to most of us. In Bismarck the alumns have had enough of schloss’ obsequiousness to take it seriously. Winning one tournament game in 9 years is simply pathetic and Brad should have been fired after he demonstrated his ability by bringing in 18-19 classes highlighted by Joel Janitunniun and Ludwig Hoff

Dang that’s one way to go thru life. 

:blink:

• Upvote 2

Maybe it’s time for a little more of a knee jerk reaction from the coaching staff. After analyzing the game, reward those that played well. Keep shaking things up. It’s been a common theme for years, there does seem to be a real lack of accountability for certain players. 

James / Schmaltz. It took (imo) way too long for one to be “promoted” and the other to be “demoted”.

We all want the same thing here. Great news is they are in a fine spot overall. Lets get this thing headed the right direction, starting tonight!

36 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sanderson?!? No way. Kid was a bum! Got hurt and couldn't even tough it out for a playoff game ;)

Toughing it out? Corbin Knight IIRC played the last 3 weeks of a season with a broken foot. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

image.png.9a1286a460d404e192900c3f2be2ef74.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Oshie, Hrkac, and Sanderson......

Was thinking current players since we are so bad at who is out there in OT

i don’t know if the players have been different in each of the losses but whoever is out there isn’t working 

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Boys need to figure it out starting tonight. If they would have played like crap that one thing. But the way they lost last night was tough. Tendy was very avg and the team D was brutal.

Spot on. It was so weird. We'd go through stretches just dominating that game and UNO didn't touch the puck for 4 minutes, then they'd come down the ice, we'd have a breakdown, and boom, back of the net. Offense looked very good last night. So many little silly mistakes on D. Luddy needs to get back to early-season form.

36 minutes ago, Kab said:

Was thinking current players since we are so bad at who is out there in OT

i don’t know if the players have been different in each of the losses but whoever is out there isn’t working 

Here’s a wild idea. 3X3- no Gaber, no Blake. Start with that premise and go from there.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just to clarify, I was kidding. Are you suggesting Sandy should have played in that game? 

Just saying everybody's "tough" is different.

So we haven’t lost a game in regulation in two months and have only lost in a format that everyone agrees is a gimmick, and the sky is falling?  Oh, and if all the players we were told shouldn’t see the ice in overtime didn’t play, we would have nobody left except Komzak or Benoit and Schmaltz and Albrecht.