SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday against our farm team in Omaha

1 minute ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

One bad game and people want to bury Persson smh.  Chill he has been good this year and had one off game after a long break.  

5th game in a row where he’s sub .900. That’s awful.

• Upvote 2

I want to believe Persson is going to be great, but looking at his record, he starts strong and finishes weak.  This season, not looking any different.  However, he is not the problem.  Poor focus and execution is the reason they lost tonight.  Must have more jump tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

One bad game and people want to bury Persson smh.  Chill he has been good this year and had one off game after a long break.  

One bad game? Last several games his save percentage lacking. Albeit, defense not offering must help.

If this was football or basketball the coaches head would be called for , I’m not calling for that, just saying

I think this UND team is just average and doesn’t play with much urgency 

• Downvote 1

Got a point out of it, and within 3 of St. Cloud, so not all is lost.  We haven’t lost in regulation since BU and people are nothing but negative.  Same people, as always.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can attack posters on here as if they are somehow the problem, but I for one care about the program first.   When I see a game where one team CLEARLY wanted it worse than the other, it bothers me.  

Hard work beats skill when skill does not work hard.  Exactly tonight.

• Upvote 3

Persson needs to get back to how he played the first 10 games or so. He has not looked like a championship goalie for a while now.  Our 3x3 play has been horrendous. If it’s one game it’s on the players but this has happened numerous times and that is on the coaches. Why Berg decided to shoot a poor quality chance on a 1 on 2 is beyond comprehension. They don’t seem to understand the concept of 3 on 3 and the value of puck possession. To lose a two goal lead to a team of UNO’s caliber is pathetic. This team has not been getting better as the season goes and that is on the coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

What about the scoring chances? These goals aren’t cheap. It’s either a power play, or an odd man rush. This isn’t a goalieman issue.

But those people are told that the standard is .900, so it shouldn’t matter if some of those are impossible to save.  UND was winning consistently when denying the cross ice pass and at least giving Persson a chance to save it. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

You can attack posters on here as if they are somehow the problem, but I for one care about the program first.   When I see a game where one team CLEARLY wanted it worse than the other, it bothers me.  

So shouldn’t the shots have been reversed if they outworked us so much? 39-24 hardly proves your eyes right.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Omaha was/is in a somewhat similar desperate situation as Alaska in that they’re 23rd pairwise coming into the weekend so securing some wins against UND, Denver, and St. Cloud these next three weeks will really help boost them in that regard. Unlike Alaska, Omaha has several games against teams ranked higher than them. They stuck to it and played with some desperation and tenacity. 

• Upvote 1