SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday against our farm team in Omaha

28 minutes ago, AJS said:

5th game in a row where he’s sub .900. That’s awful.

UND needed a 93.5% out of its goalie to win its last National Championship.

This team will do down as many other UND teams did.

But just not as special as the 2016 one.

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

So shouldn’t the shots have been reversed if they outworked us so much? 39-24 hardly proves your eyes right.  

Don't want to get into anything with any fan (not my thing).  What my eyes did see tonight, though, was opportunistic execution whenever Omaha saw any little opening, almost without falter.  On the flip side, I saw a lot of outside shots, with no net front, that were low percentage.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Oldguy said:

Don't want to get into anything with any fan (not my thing).  What my eyes did see tonight, though, was opportunistic execution whenever Omaha saw any little opening, almost without falter.  On the flip side, I saw a lot of outside shots, with no net front, that were low percentage.

Obviously since people are down on Persson, he didn’t have many tough saves.  Opportunistic isn’t a term I would use for a team who totally outworked the other.

10 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

What I saw was an opponent that plays an honest game. They don’t have the recruiting power for various reasons, but are relatively solid sans the ‘flash’. They lack the scoring threat of a UND or Denver, but make up for it with tenacity. Sometimes, that’s not enough, but tonight it was

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Tough loss, i seen it coming with the thread title...

yeah well you didn't "seen" anything.

Let's shoot for a little higher than ag college grammar 'fer cripes sake.

Edit: Sorry low IQ usage of saw/seen... metallic screeching.... and piss poor backchecking are my trigger points.

Disappointing as it is we don’t have the horses this year to make a run. Especially with our forwards committed to not playing D for one second. We do not have one single tough defenseman. Frankly, not even one good one. Not one single guy on this team plays like Genoway, or Stecher, or Pattyn, or Spirko, or Parise, or Sanderson. Who’s the heart? No one. Unless I’m blind there is not one single try hard on this team. We need try hards.

We do not have, and will not have in the future, ever again, the way recruiting is going, gopher talent that beats try-hard talent. Think about what our D looks like next year. We need talent that simply is not here or coming here (or ever coming here) and that’s assuming the whole back end doesn’t transfer out again. Johannes is our toughest player-what the hell is going on here?

Where are the Blood and  Finley and tough SOBs that are apparently not recruited, but maybe they don’t exist? I know the NCHC didn’t let Kleven play, but does that mean we can’t ever hit again? (No offense Stoney, and I love ya, your optimism here is something needed and that I love-I mean it) but Brad: 1) has recruited exactly 0 first round forwards in NINE fucking years—imagine that happening with Hak who brought in 1-3 most in years (and when he didn’t, D were at least studs); 2) has brought in exactly one gamebreaker, Jake Sanderson, in nine years, who despite being one of the best college hockey players of all time, had the misfortune of being injured at inopportune times;); and 3) does not have studs, and will almost certainly not ever have studs, to compete with the other blue bloods the way things are going, because he is simply unable to recruit with the top schools like hak was. And more importantly, he is not, and has not, ever gotten the best out of his players. Losing in close playoff games is not some sign of competence like most people here seem to have accepted. 

UND should not be a second rate school as far as recruiting goes and it is exactly what we are under Brad. If it is NIL-which it is not as far as I am aware-Dinkyown hasn’t really caught onto yet either. We need a coach who can rally the donors to get on board with NIL mongo stud recruits. We do not have the horses to fix this next year, or the year after that. We are getting murdered in recruiting by BC, BU, MN, Michigan, Michigan State, Denver, and frankly second-rate east coast schools. This is indisputable-15 years ago our alma mater was THE spot to go, it is not anymore, and I wish we had a coach who could sell it like hak. Schloss  spews his “look how 0 first round players won the last couple years championships” without ever mentioning the talent in 2016. Or that Rand Pecknold is a great x and o coach-which Brad unfortunately is not. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. Brad Berry is a great person and anyway who has ever met him knows that. But that is not enough. Winning the conference of 8 does not matter to most of us. In Bismarck the alumns have had enough of schloss’ obsequiousness to take it seriously. Winning one tournament game in 9 years is simply pathetic and Brad should have been fired after he demonstrated his ability by bringing in 18-19 classes highlighted by Joel Janitunniun and Ludwig Hoff

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

8 hours ago, tnt said:

But those people are told that the standard is .900, so it shouldn’t matter if some of those are impossible to save.  UND was winning consistently when denying the cross ice pass and at least giving Persson a chance to save it. 

5 straight games, four straight losses. Nuance with every goal of course. If you thought he looked sharp last night, then we disagree. It’ll be alright, not everything has to be positive in the world of UND athletics.

So many conundrums. 
We haven’t lost in regulation since early November and yet this overtime slump has taken our spirits down. And then yet, here we are, inching closer to first place St. Cloud (3 points back if I’m not mistaken). I’m trying to keep a glass half full mentality but I won’t lie, it’s been difficult. Need a good response tonight for a multitude of reasons. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

The good.....

@brianvf...he and his son sat next to us (and will tonight). He is cooler than @MafiaMan and @Godsmack but not as cool as @Godsmack wife

The 5th...was good in the circle and was everywhere up and down the ice

James...he's quietly becoming their best 200 foot forward. Just needs to bury a couple

Strinden...he's not a 4th line centerman.  Get him more ice time

The bad....

Blake...easily the most skilled 100 foot forward to play at UND. He starts playing at both ends and he'll just be one of the best forwards ever at UND

Ludvig...battled the puck from the start. I'll chalk it up to rust and an off night

Livanavage...he's been great this season but last night wasn't good

3x3 OT...just head down the tunnel after regulation and get me home 20 minutes earlier 

Losing games at the Ralph...can't keep losing home games to teams below in the conference standings

In @MafiaMan's defense he's been knocking on doors trying to get our football program back on track with better coordinator pay.  

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

In @MafiaMan's defense he's been knocking on doors trying to get our football program back on track with better coordinator pay.  

To donors in exchange for a Finley Sharon Raiders can koozie??

• Like 1