SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I was told at least one of them was ready this year? 

We’ll find out. Until live bullets are flying, though, hard to say with certainty what we’ll get. I certainly hope 1 of the 2 is ready to go, and for starters, I hope it’s a fair, open competition. No favoritism or promises. 

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

We’ll find out. Until live bullets are flying, though, hard to say with certainty what we’ll get. I certainly hope 1 of the 2 is ready to go, and for starters, I hope it’s a fair, open competition. No favoritism or promises. 

Fortunately, they won’t have to face live bullets.  

Coaches play kids they think will give them the best chance to win. Fans may not agree with coaches decisions, but coaches who play favorites or make promises to recruits regarding guaranteed PT won’t last. No matter what we think of our staff, I don’t believe that would be a concern.   

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Fortunately, they won’t have to face live bullets.  

Coaches play kids they think will give them the best chance to win. Fans may not agree with coaches decisions, but coaches who play favorites or make promises to recruits regarding guaranteed PT won’t last. No matter what we think of our staff, I don’t believe that would be a concern.   

In this context, live bullets means competition in an actual game, so unless a QB not on roster currently will be starting week 1 in Ames, Feeney or Kaminski will eventually face “live bullets”.

It’s no longer 1973; SS is now quiescent.

Oh, and correction: coaches *should* play whoever gives the team the best chance to win; but, coaches can occasionally be wrong too. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, NDRA said:

I'm always hesitant about a guy that didn't have the right stuff to make it a service academy.

He was only there for a year. About 20% of students at the Academies drop out in the first two years. Maybe he decided it wasn't what he wanted to do. They give you two years to drop with no financial penalty. If you commit to your 3rd year, you are committing to your 3rd and 4th year plus 4 years in the Air Force. You might have an area of service you would like to pursue and in the first two years they let you know that is not the track they have in mind for you. It is no small feat to even get accepted to one of the service academies.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, NDRA said:

I'm always hesitant about a guy that didn't have the right stuff to make it a service academy.

I am always impressed with anyone who is able to get ADMITTED to a military academy. Anyone who survives that first year is TOUGH.

The only experience I had with a football coach from one was that he made basic training g look like a cake walk.

• Upvote 2

Bad news.

• Only one commitment (& he’s still announcing offers)

Good news.

• Nobody they’ve offered has committed elsewhere.

• Strong list so far

• Getting these guys to campus

I wonder how many will be visiting this weekend. How much value would you put in being the last visit? 

• Upvote 3