SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Seems like he took a step back this year for whatever reason. Really thought he was gonna be really solid this year. Hopefully he gets his mojo back.

Agreed.

Although understandable, there's no way to spin Kilty entering. The Ocansey one you can try to, but we'll see. Spin would be, I'm not surprised a CB left, because although unproven, it's definitely the most talented potential defensive unit in 2024. So much of how I feel about CB going into next year relies on Hembry returning. (w/ Hembry there would be 5 guys who would expect to be on the 2-Deep -- now there would be four). I'd be fine if the 2-Deep is Hembry / Bluiett w/ Dixon / Bishop backing up.

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Seems like he took a step back this year for whatever reason. Really thought he was gonna be really solid this year. Hopefully he gets his mojo back.

He was up and down.  Had some really, really good games and some head scratchers.  Lack of pressure up front really doesn’t help a CB.  

Still like the crew coming back if we retain all 4

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Agreed.

Although understandable, there's no way to spin Kilty entering. The Ocansey one you can try to, but we'll see. Spin would be, I'm not surprised a CB left, because although unproven, it's definitely the most talented potential defensive unit in 2024. So much of how I feel about CB going into next year relies on Hembry returning. (w/ Hembry there would be 5 guys who would expect to be on the 2-Deep -- now there would be four). I'd be fine if the 2-Deep is Hembry / Bluiett w/ Dixon / Bishop backing up.

Is a spin needed for Kilty? One year left and he obviously had P5 schools whispering to him.

11 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

What is the inside scoop on Schuster??

Was he being a good dude thinking of the program and the QB’s that would transfer if he stayed or was he told he would not start next year???

No way anyone here is privy to those conversations. Based on his personality I would guess the "good dude" conjecture.

6 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

No way anyone here is privy to those conversations. Based on his personality I would guess the "good dude" conjecture.

He was not “thinking of the program”. He said at the start of the year he planned on coming back for another year. If he played better that would be the case. It was a mutual decision for him to leave. That’s totally ok. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Is a spin needed for Kilty? One year left and he obviously had P5 schools whispering to him.

For portal departures, when I talk about spin, it’s in regards for does this loss hurt the positional group for next year. 

There’s clearly nuance with that statement as well. Balancing classes, younger player development, etc. 

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

For portal departures, when I talk about spin, it’s in regards for does this loss hurt the positional group for next year. 

There’s clearly nuance with that statement as well. Balancing classes, younger player development, etc. 

when ever this Covid crap is over it should be easier on players and coaches

leave it to the nc$$ to screw things up

so Nebraska coach says it takes 1 million $ to get in a good QB, thought schools couldn’t have anything to do with NIL

Dixon needs to start seeing the field so I’m not too worried about the former transfer leaving. We didn’t see enough interceptions this year to say those guys deserve their spots back. We have enough recruits and other guys waiting for their turn at CB. Safety hopefully has enough dudes to step up

2 hours ago, GoodGood said:

He was not “thinking of the program”. He said at the start of the year he planned on coming back for another year. If he played better that would be the case. It was a mutual decision for him to leave. That’s totally ok. 

I never read/heard any comment from Schuster regarding his plans after this season. Any link/source on his comments or specifics of the "mutual decision"  on his departure?

12 minutes ago, SooToo said:

I never read/heard any comment from Schuster regarding his plans after this season. Any link/source on his comments or specifics of the "mutual decision"  on his departure?

There was a TV interview more than a month ago where he said "My plan is to return next year." Of course things change.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

What is the prediction on what level and what type of school Schuster will land at?

5-11 with limited  scrambling skills and arm strength, I would say D2.  He is a great game manager but with limited upscale to his game.