SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I don't know who was/is ready or who isn't ready but regardless of Tommy leaving or if he was coming back why don't we attempt to develop our QB position with game reps?  This season there were times another option could/should have gotten the reigns.  So now we are in a position of a starting QB with 15 snaps, 10 snaps, and 0 snaps.(estimating)

northern iowa................................

Just now, iramurphy said:

Have you have ever played the game  or been in any team sport or even a job where you contributed anything beyond taking up space?  If so, you would understand this is a cheap shot. 
Your posts over time indicate a lack of understanding of the basic fundamentals of football beyond what one can pick up from sitting on their ass in the bleachers or from their bike. 
Taking a cheap shot at a guy who busted his ass for UND FB over the years serves no purpose other than revealing an insight into who you are. 

Pretty obvious the answer to this is no.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jerry was ready day 1............what a waste of a year going with tommy if the coaches and tommy even thought he was entering the portal.....would've been nice to have jerry or trey with some experience for the ia state game........

If Jerry was ready from day 1 as an 18-year-old freshman (this is all based on a bike ride), then why wouldn't he be ready to go on day 1 as a 19-year-old redshirt freshman?

Have you have ever played the game  or been in any team sport or even a job where you contributed anything beyond taking up space?  If so, you would understand this is a cheap shot. 
Your posts over time indicate a lack of understanding of the basic fundamentals of football beyond what one can pick up from sitting on their ass in the bleachers or from their bike. 
Taking a cheap shot at a guy who busted his ass for UND FB over the years serves no purpose other than revealing an insight into who you are. 

Yes I have.

And I can say it isn't some "cheap shot". You're completely overreacting. It's a funny little meme. Get out your feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

If Jerry was ready from day 1 as an 18-year-old freshman (this is all based on a bike ride), then why wouldn't he be ready to go on day 1 as a 19-year-old redshirt freshman?

you' ll have to ask the guys that win about 54% of their games i guess

2 minutes ago, USTBench said:

Unheralded, no D1 offers, yet came in (at the last second) and manned the ship for 3 1/2 seasons. 9,000+ yards, 63 TDs, aided in beating the Bison, and no doubt showed Feeney and Kaminski a thing or two about leadership (especially when looking at some of the recent debacles, like the Otis Weah situation).  Everyone on this board should be grateful that kid was here to right the ship and he should be considered a UND legend, full stop.

That said, no, Tommy doesn't have big arm talent, he has had his run, and is probably not the guy to get UND over the hump of being slightly above-average, and putting them in the Frisco conversation. You have the Minnesota and Wisconsin POYs waiting in the wings. Feeney will not be a "young guy" next year, he'll be in his 3rd year of this offense, and Kaminski is a real talent as well, and by all accounts will push Feeney for QB1. If Danny and/or Bubba didn't have "the talk" with Tommy, you'd lose one or both of your big recruits, and after spring ball, you still may lose one to the TP, regardless. It was time to turn the page. 

As for Romfo, he's an 11A kid from ND and will probably never get a real true shot at QB1 in an upper tier FCS program no matter what he shows in practice. I'm getting Brock Boltman vibes out of him. 

Well said. I really hope they go hard on the brockstar formation with Romfo. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

i ran the drive thru for 16 hours straight one time when my meme co-worker called in sick (playing minecraft me thinks).........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I appreciated seeing the meme one final time!

It may go down in history as the greatest meme to ever be posted on SS.com

Surprised someone who claims to have played college BB would appreciate someone taking a cheap shot at an athlete on his way out. Most of the posters who played or coached at this level view it as a cheap shot. Fortunately, the guys I played with and coached always had each other’s backs and the backs of our fellow athletes. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

Surprised someone who claims to have played college BB would appreciate someone taking a cheap shot at an athlete on his way out. Most of the posters who played or coached at this level view it as a cheap shot. Fortunately, the guys I played with and coached always had each other’s backs and the backs of our fellow athletes. 

once again...why a cheapshot......all the WR's wanted "anyone but tommy" and you could even see it in Bo's body language on some plays ......does wes doing what he did constitute a "have your back mentality"....and red too?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

You need to relax. 

• Like 2

Sports/kids aren't like they used to be 50 years ago when you played, Ira. Kids these days make memes about each other to laugh at and have fun with. You are seriously looking into this way too deep. This isn't some "cheap shot". Please stop crying on this site. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Why the cheap shot?  It was already reported that he has entered the portal. The kid played hard, had more success than failure. 

Very few of us have a clear understanding of what it takes to play and compete at this level. This is the type of nonsense that shows a lack of class.  Most posters are mature enough to thank him for his dedication and efforts toward moving the program forward regardless of our frustrations with team performance. 

This was never Tommy fault.  I'm sure he always did his best.  Again(I know I am a broken record)this is on Danny and Bubba.  If Tommy really was the best QB option they could come up with, it makes some of the play calling and in-game decisions even more suspect.  Tommy was an average game manager and did well against bad to average teams and was not good against stiff competition.  I am looking forward to the next chapter to see which QB steps up and how the offense is tailored to his strengths and weaknesses.  Best of luck to Tommy.

If we can run the ball on our opponent will we rely on the run or will we continue to outsmart ourselves?  I imagine Kaminsky father was incredibly frustrated watching this team.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

lol, I had the exact same question typed up and then deleted it. Didn't want to poke the bear. :D