SiouxSports.com Forum

Indiana State @ UND 10/28/2023

SiouxFan100

On 10/26/2023 at 6:18 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

He is the guy who used the word “idiots” … but I suppose you still can’t get over the “fairy” reference. You’ll be okay. Move on. I don’t have to prove myself to you. You’ve had your day (or decades), now slow down and settle down. You’d think you would understand the concept of personal attacks in debates, and Kelly started this one by saying in general there are “idiots” commenting on here, I disagreed, implied we aren’t all actual idiots with my comment, but yet here you are. You took it literally, and you just couldn’t help yourself, could you … 

This board is full of idiots though.  Truth be told, I think the board probably has a lot of pee wee football coaching legends.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 10/27/2023 at 10:15 AM, wheelsup said:

So after rewatching a chunk of the UNI game Im really hoping to see improvement across the board. 

• The o-line really struggled in the game and they will need to be back to NDSU game level the rest of the season.
  • Looking forward to seeing some of the depth in the RB room should be fun
  • Overall our WR group looked pretty solid.. one bad drop from Nate.  I think our underperformance in this area was more due to QB/Oline play.  Seemed like lots of open WR. 
  • Im hopeful to see 2 full quarters of our backup QB's.. it would be nice to know what we have in that area.
  • I would like to see something from out kicking group.  Eventually we will need somebody to make a FG
  • I want the punter to be asleep on the sidelines.. but if for some reason he gets in we need some improvement. was pretty bad against UNI
  • Our defense has been better this year.. but our best defensive player against UNI might have been the UNI WR hands.  Continued improvement this week.

Would love to see a dominating performance and run the table in the remaining 4 games.

• lets see.. o-line is still struggling
  • didnt get to see any of the RB room depth and maybe skokna hurt now also?
  • didnt get to see any of the backup QB's
  • HOW ABOUT THAT FIRST FG OF THE SEASON
  • Punter looked better.. certainly didnt need to sleep today
  • Defense fell apart in the 4th quarter

ufdah.. I would say really bad performance from the coaches today and maybe the o-line also.. but I mostly put it on the coaches. some really terrible play calling (two flea flickers.. fake FG.. going for 2 for no reason)  This loss would have been 100% on the coaches.  Im as tired of this coaching staff as Ive ever been and Ive lost faith in Danny.  When is the last time a win has felt so much like a loss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'd still like to hear from head coach why we went for 2, I'd like to hear the rationale for that. I mean I don't think there is one, seemed to make no sense given the situation. Maybe there is rationale and I'm missing it, so would love to hear it. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Up 11 with XP coming you kick to make two TDs to pass you. 

That’s what I was thinking.  Didn’t know if they thought the game was over and they could run another trick play or what.  Just lucky they didn’t return that mess up for two points of their own.

Went from anemic play by this team, to seniors and older players making plays on offense and wanting to win. 

The players could have folded and they did not. Defense we could not get pressure and that made the 4th quarter sucky. And Defense looked like not to lose mentality instead of you we messed up but we are going to kick your rear next time. 3rd down sack in OT was huge.

Fade in overtime official missed their defender grabbing Bo’s hand (that’s what it looked like) making it a one handed effort catch. Watching Tommy in the 4th reminded me of his play against YSU last year. 

Hopefully our RB situation improves. Don’t know much about next opponent but our interior line need to get better push against 300lb tackles. As others say we may need to take more chances on intermediate or deeper routes to open up the run and bubble/tunnel screen game.

Lastly great seeing a clutch FG, these players showed the effort, now bring that energy and feed off each other and win next week.

• Upvote 1

It’s over…

Nobody gets fired on the spot (wouldn’t have happened anyway)…and it goes in the books as a win (I guess)…

That’s all I’ll take from this…

And yes, I watched the game!  No taking my fan card away from me…hahaha!!!

Couple high school playoff games were much more entertaining…

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Season isn't over, but doesn't give you much confidence for the remainder of it.

I have confidence in this team until we lose again. We really can’t play any worse. Our RB room is fairly dinged up, need some dudes to show up.

Everyone also forgets how freshmen QB’s are UNDs kryptonite , we survived today, need to beat Murray.