SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota @ UND - Rivalry Renewed - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I figured people would be pulling this out of the closet after one bump in the road:

59d2d055ade1b_JumptoConclusionsMat.jpg.dedbfb4a4da7ac5b1829ca4f14c91fcb.jpg

Three games is too small of a sample size to start talking about coaching changes.

If FS4L is calling you out on overreacting, you need to chill. No offense FS4L.

That game sucked, it looked a team that just got almost a completely new team playing as 5 individual people vs a team that was in the national title game last season playing as a unit. 

What will define this team is what they learn from games like that and how fast they can learn it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If FS4L is calling you out on overreacting, you need to chill. No offense FS4L.

That game sucked, it looked a team that just got almost a completely new team playing as 5 individual people vs a team that was in the national title game last season playing as a unit. 

What will define this team is what they learn from games like that and how fast they can learn it.

I agree it is too early to overreact, but St. Thomas was able to muster an attack against their young defense, so it is just disappointing that we were kind of a one and done on the offensive end with very little sustained pressure.  Need to put one in early tomorrow and hope we can fluster them a bit, instead of the other way around.  They got the snipes, so we need Gaber, Perron, Blake, etc. to show some of what we have been seeing on our end.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Sad day when the football team is having more success than our premier program

As #5 in the country we lost to the best team in the country in the sport... the entire country.

Football just beat the 150thish best team in the county... for the 1st time in 20 years...

I think we can calm the tits on the success comparison.

• Downvote 1

Let's look at recent NCAA champions:

Denver: Small private school.

Quinnipiac: Small private school.

UM-Duluth: Public, four year university that is Division 2 in all other sports and will never be confused with a Power 5 school.

BU & BC: Both small private schools. Haven't won a natty in awhile, but don't seem to have problems reeling in top talent.

None of those schools are, and likely never will be, Power 5 schools. Yet, they keep reeling in top recruits and/or hanging NCAA title banners. And they have a fraction of the resources UND and other, even larger schools have.

The idea that UND can't compete with these schools and is now a "plucky little mid-major" program that "backfills with overagers" to be competitive is pure baloney.

It does not have to be that way. There's no reason it has to be that way. And it turns my stomach to think of us becoming one of the Alaska schools or Miami.

It cannot be allowed to ever happen. Period.

• Like 1

I’ll watch tomorrow night.   Hate the $)&&@“ rodents. 

Tonight I was in Loveland Colorado and watched Aaron Schneekloth’s Colorado Eagles give him his 1st AHL head coaching win against the Grand Rapids Griffins.  6 to 3 final. 

Could have used him to check a couple of golfers into the UND bench…. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

They are. It sucks but damn that's a good hockey team.

I honestly don't think we are that bad, though. St. Thomas, which probably still has some Division 3 players, put 4 goals on this team. And we can't put up even one? If we really are this bad, we have bigger problems to deal with. And I think we all know what that means.

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I honestly don't think we are that bad, though. St. Thomas, which probably still has some Division 3 players, put 4 goals on this team. And we can't put up even one? If we really are this bad, we have bigger problems to deal with. And I think we all know what that means.

UND is a good team. They have the pieces. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The idea that UND can't compete with these schools and is now a "plucky little mid-major" program that "backfills with overagers" to be competitive is pure baloney.

Where did this come from? I don’t think anyone has said or even implied this. 

47 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Certain posters on here believe the B1G is going to take over the sport and UND will get left behind. I am simply pushing back on that narrative with facts.

Are you still waiting for that 3rd division one football category to form.