SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota @ UND - Rivalry Renewed - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

8 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

This is what gets me.  Where are the supposed goal scorers on this team. 

A lot of times when you play rivalry games and NCAA tournament games you need to either have hard skill perform or have your grinders play a big part by going to the net.  This is my concern with this team when the power play isn’t clicking, they need some hard work goals to turn the tide.  Didn’t get to the net very well, and that includes the guys that have to play that way.  I suspect Ness will be in the lineup tomorrow to try add some of that.  Let’s see if they can turn it around tomorrow and play with more of an edge.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 108498 said:

UND has been bad for a long time. 

Define "long time".
I seem to recall UND being ranked #1 in the PWR at the end of the year in back to back seasons just a couple years ago.
Unless you define "long time" as only the last 18 months or so.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

This game ended very similar to the last friday night the gophers played at the Ralph. They got the empty netter to make it 4-1 and then scored again.... saturday night und was the better team and won. 

From what my memory recalls, since we started playing them again after realignment, UND has pretty much always lost the first game of the series at REA. 

9 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Bingo. 

but, with the resources available... how is UND yet again not the faster, stronger, more conditioned team.

Like the gophers don’t have a nice weight room and facilities.  Usually when you get first round draft picks they have speed and/or strength to their game and a competitive edge.  Don’t think UND was totally outclassed, just need some extra effort and play a little more clean.  We all said UND would need to come together, so losing to the #1 team in a game where we weren’t crisp is hardly shocking.  Hopefully a better effort tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Define "long time".
I seem to recall UND being ranked #1 in the PWR at the end of the year in back to back seasons just a couple years ago.
Unless you define "long time" as only the last 18 months or so.

Since berry has been recruiting and not relying on team built by hakstol

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

From what my memory recalls, since we started playing them again after realignment, UND has pretty much always lost the first game of the series at REA. 

That is what concerns me, especially this year.  After last year, UND has something to prove.  Pressure is on even more tomorrow, as they need to get off to the better start that Berry has been stressing.

23 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I know it’s very early but this game stunk. We looked slow and unable to pass the puck and move our feet.  Embarrassing. I don’t think there was even one difficult save that Close had to make. 
Need to win tomorrow so we’re not digging ourselves a hole. Failure to make the NC$$ tourney this year should mark the end of the Brad Berry era. Tomorrow should tell us quite a bit about this team. 

Close made like 7-8 really good saves.

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

Like the gophers don’t have a nice weight room and facilities.  Usually when you get first round draft picks they have speed and/or strength to their game and a competitive edge.  Don’t think UND was totally outclassed, just need some extra effort and play a little more clean.  We all said UND would need to come together, so losing to the #1 team in a game where we weren’t crisp is hardly shocking.  Hopefully a better effort tomorrow.

Bingo great post. MN has the greatest resources of all…the players.

7 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Bingo great post. MN has the greatest resources of all…the players.

Are you going to start with your "B1G rules the world" malarkey again? We've done very well in recruiting recently and we have some talented freshmen and sophomores on the team now. Put the Jump to Conclusions mat away, please.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I figured people would be pulling this out of the closet after one bump in the road:

59d2d055ade1b_JumptoConclusionsMat.jpg.dedbfb4a4da7ac5b1829ca4f14c91fcb.jpg

Three games is too small of a sample size to start talking about coaching changes.

It's not 3 games when it's been years of mediocrity.  Come on.