SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNI 10/21/2023

SiouxFan100

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

too much crying in the post game press conference?

Not sure why they played this week. I thought last week was for the National Championship. Storming the field, crying at the press conference. That doesn’t happen after a mid season win. They already accomplished more this season than they ever expected to. The season is a success for UND’s players and most of their fans. They finally beat the mighty Bison.

• Downvote 4

18 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Not sure why they played this week. I thought last week was for the National Championship. Storming the field, crying at the press conference. That doesn’t happen after a mid season win. They already accomplished more this season than they ever expected to. The season is a success for UND’s players and most of their fans. They finally beat the mighty Bison.

Who are you again? :silly:

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

how'd you do last week?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

Don’t get me wrong, I felt we should win, UNI was not going to be a pushover, however how we lost is unacceptable. 

I think we all knew the game would be tough, but as I said before the game, didn’t matter if it was a 1 point game or a 40 point game, it just needed to be a win. Didn’t happen. Not even close.

The concept of a “good loss” is really only acceptable if you’re conditioned to losing. The culture of UND football supports this right now, despite the win last weekend. It’s a body of work over the past 15 years. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I think we all knew the game would be tough, but as I said before the game, didn’t matter if it was a 1 point game or a 40 point game, it just needed to be a win. Didn’t happen. Not even close.

The concept of a “good loss” is really only acceptable if you’re conditioned to losing. The culture of UND football supports this right now, despite the win last weekend. It’s a body of work over the past 15 years. 

Who has said this was a good loss?  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A good loss would be if your mom took your keyboard away...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I never said or implied “good loss” , my point of not being upset is if this team played/coached their butts off and lost.  Disappointed yes, but not upset because of the effort and team was in position to win.

This game I felt was over after the fumble, there seemed no energy from players and coaches. If we are a playoff team that should not happen. 

Until we win a significant road game... I'm not believing we've gone over the Top w/ Bubba and become a serious team....I bought the SDSU national championship t-shirts after their win cuz it was the best day in a long time for a suffering Sioux fan...until Bubba shows he's serious, the Rabbits flag stays hung up in the office...I'm pissed as hell and not taking it anymore...prove me wrong and I'll be happy....

4 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

NDSU destroys Western, and UND gets destroyed by Northern. Coaches are responsible to have the team ready to go, with a game plan. UND was no where near prepared for this game. It was never competitive. 

Tonight Washington is losing to Arizona State at home after a big win (and fans storming the field). Now how coaches have get the players to respond and make adjustments to win. 

Being flat after a win happens but over several years we almost never recover to win after a poor start and that’s tough to stomach as a fan. 

A 1 point loss would have been a bad loss, but getting destroyed and not even scoring is completely embarrassing. I heard stories recently about the 2023 team or maybe it was Kellys team.....how a couple of times they were down big against an average team at half, and the team came out gang busters and won. Lennon was their coach. Do you think a Lennon team would get completely embarrassed like this and score Zero points? It's so embarrassing being a UND football fan at times ....and I'm sick of it! 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, tnt said:

The problem as I see it, is that every time the team get’s to the point they have the University’s, town’s and some national attention they fail to take the next step and sustain it.  

The fact that NDSU has been able to sustain success over that long and not get overly complacent is amazing.

When UND consistently fails to capitalize on the attention they have garnered from a big win, I think it makes it that much harder for the fan base and possibly even potential recruits to buy in.  At some point you have to take the next step or figure out what needs to be done to do that.

Correct