SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNI 10/21/2023

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Matt Prater just missed one today from 34 because the laces were in. Good try buddy 

Not sticking up for prater.. but this is a terrible argument.. nfl uprights are like half the width and our xtra points are literally 19 yd fgs.. he has missed two of them this year.. get over it buddy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

These kicker arguments always annoy me.. an extra point should not be an exciting play..  it’s not up for discussion.. if it’s not talent.. it’s scheme and they both suck. 

field goals less than 40 yds should be 90+%.. instead und has been scared to attempt them for the last 3+ yrs.. that’s not because 92 is lights out and automatic.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

These kicker arguments always annoy me.. an extra point should not be an exciting play..  it’s not up for discussion.. if it’s not talent.. it’s scheme and they both suck. 

field goals less than 40 yds should be 90+%.. instead und has been scared to attempt them for the last 3+ yrs.. that’s not because 92 is lights out and automatic.. 

He was literally perfect on extra points and inside 40 yards last year. He met all the criteria you laid out. The laces have been an issue this year. I have faith in #92

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

He was literally 45 for 45 on extra points and 9 for 9 on FG’s inside 40 yards last year. Looks like he is exactly what you are looking for :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

NCAA kickers on extra points 94%. NFL kickers on extra points in 2022 (33 yards) 94.6%. Pretty comparable numbers buddy :)

He was pro quality stats wise so he got benched? 

You know why the nfl percentage is so high? Because guys who blow a bunch of extra points lose their jobs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Is Danny the next HC?  When?

Bubba won the big one a week ago.  Let us all keep rhat in mind.

However we are as bad on the road as we are good in the Alerus.

Thoughts?

Change is needed. Current setup is not good enough. The program is absolute ineptitude on the road. The win against North Dakota State cannot cover that up.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

However we are as bad on the road as we are good in the Alerus.

And frankly, that comes down to leadership, starting at the top.

As I said in the season thread, I think Bubba is either (a) afraid to show up a friend's team on the road, or (b) fears the road and it comes out. 

Last 25 home: 23-2
Last 25 road: 6-19 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Kab said:

Giving up 24on the road isn’t bad

not scoring on the road, well Danny why?

you had the tapes , more than 1 running back in the stable to use , never see passes over the middle, we too slow?

Starts with the QB not being able to throw further than 4 yards. Playing in that 5 yard box every game. 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Kab said:

Giving up 24on the road isn’t bad

not scoring on the road, well Danny why?

you had the tapes , more than 1 running back in the stable to use , never see passes over the middle, we too slow?

where's q been....every year........"gonna use the te more"....fraud

12 hours ago, wheelsup said:

What scheme is involved with an extra point that could possibly suck?  The blocking schemes are pretty basic and are designed to prevent kicks from getting blocked.  We haven't had any blocked. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I recall a key pass, Tommy to a former 'yote, in the NDSU game, on a dime, over 30 yards. 

Nice!

We can probably count on one hand the number of passes completed where the ball was thrown further than 20 yards this season. Tommy 'The Cannon' Schuster!

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I recall a key pass, Tommy to a former 'yote, in the NDSU game, on a dime, over 30 yards. 

Amazing what can happen when you don't have to throw off your back foot with 2-3 guys breaking through before WR's have ran their routes.
Not sure why the OL (and DL) were such a mess this week but that needs to be fixed immediately. The rest will take care of itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dude has baggage (that he was completely cleared on) but he just wins. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Hoffner 

His numbers at Mankato are crazy. The legal stuff appeared to be socially and politically motivated to a degree. Not wise to have personal things on a work phone, but seems to be a winner.