SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ South Dakota State 9/30/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Despite what you think, they are already beyond that. 

That being said, I look forward to the day that the are the favorite in every game in the schedule and have continued to make beyond that. Recognizing that and what they are doing to improve is a lot more helpful than continously being critical and negative towards the program. But you're going to continue to do what you do. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

128 FCS teams.
UND consistently in top 32 (top quarter). 
And mainly in top 25 (top quintile). 

https://masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings 

Top quintile shouldn’t be the goal. Won’t win any championships. Reconfirming the positives over and over again is nice and all, but need to bolster the weaknesses also 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Nope, but the usual suspects always do.

If you are referring to me, I definitely was not complaining about trick plays. (For the record, you thinking I was was not my take, either.)  I hope to God you don't consider me one of the "usual suspects" though.  Ouch.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

If you are referring to me, I definitely was not complaining about trick plays. (For the record, you thinking I was was not my take, either.)  I hope to God you don't consider me one of the "usual suspects" though.  Ouch.

I do not, they self identify.

• Upvote 2

SDSU Athletics official site, gojacks.com, lists the game as a sellout.  There are some tickets available on the SeatGeek reseller site...link:

https://seatgeek.com/south-dakota-state-jackrabbits-football-tickets/ncaa-football/2023-09-30-2-pm/5953727

The Weather Channel at about 1:45 pm today (Friday) predicts  79 degrees at the 2:00 pm kickoff with the temp rising to 85 between 4 and 5 PM...mostly sunny skies for the afternoon; win ESE at 10-20 mph (which isn't a big problem because the stadium is oriented north to south and the stands will slow down some of that wind).    

Great day to enjoy a cold "Ears Up" or two (the official Jackrabbit beer...lots of other popular brands available too) during the game.  Remember, to keep the beer lines moving at an acceptable speed, credit or debit card required to buy beer and you must have ID checked and obtain a wrist-band before buying beer (wrist-band stations easy to find). 

It should be a very competitive football game before 19,340+ fans in great weather.  Travel safely to Brookings and back and enjoy the game. 

• Upvote 4

I haven't been to the site in a while and quickly reading through this thread I remember why.  We have a few absolute tools as fans.  

UND can win the game but will need to play a really clean game to have a chance.  I only watched the Jacks first game of the season, but they didn't seem to be as good up front as they typically are. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, BigGame said:

I haven't been to the site in a while and quickly reading through this thread I remember why.  We have a few absolute tools as fans.  

UND can win the game but will need to play a really clean game to have a chance.  I only watched the Jacks first game of the season, but they didn't seem to be as good up front as they typically are. 

Thanks for the update! Go Hawks!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 9/27/2023 at 5:59 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sample size isn’t huge, 7 games. Facts are still facts. Nothing imaginary about records / stats / facts. You’re justifying mediocrity again. Team needs to put up or shut up. Haven’t done it with Bubba. 

Maybe the UND big money financiers (movers and shakers) need to step up and call for Bubba to be fired/replaced. Until there is a ground swell of unhappiness, he's not going anywhere. Just think about this, the Montana State head coach is from Buxton, ND. That's a short 25 miles down the road from Grand Forks, ND. He's already very successful head coach. There are other options out there. UND has to decide how much more mediocrity it's going to eat, before a move is made. 

• Upvote 4