SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ South Dakota State 9/30/2023

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, Hawkster said:

This is the dumbest thing I've read today.   I guess we're wasting our money on coaches, you could just bike by the practice field once a week and tell them who to play.

you clearly haven't seen/watched this garbage yet today i guess

https://www.nfl.com/videos/robert-saleh-backs-zach-wilson-s-status-as-qb1-after-jets-loss-to-patriots

We will see what this team is really made of this week. There's no excuse for it but they could have been a little in awe at the blue turf but there is no reason to feel that way going into SDSU. I really am curious how this team responds Saturday and I am taking the wait and see approach. There is absolutely no reason to panic at this point.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Und246 said:

There is the possibility that we are quite good this year and we might just lose this weekend because SDSU is very good and happens to be the number one team in the country.  I think we all need to catch our breath and make a more accurate assessment after the game is played. 

i can handle losses but it's the bad news bears way that we lose that is killing the sioux football fan base....if your new to sioux football you don't know any better but if you have been following sioux football for 30 plus years like me this is an embarassment.

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I agree with the comment some coaches just have it

you could tell with Lennon. You could tell with klieman. You could tell with bohl

however I am not sure bubba has it 

Could you tell with Bohl when he was about to be !@#$ canned? People forget about his 6-5 and 3-8 seasons back to back.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Could you tell with Bohl when he was about to be !@#$ canned? People forget about his 6-5 and 3-8 seasons back to back.

i remember that game i think at northern iowa (09 or 10) right before he turned it around and i was thinking that this old man is gonna get canned!  but ...a few million bucks later he's doing "well" in lararmie.

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

I agree with the comment some coaches just have it

you could tell with Lennon. You could tell with klieman. You could tell with bohl

however I am not sure bubba has it 

iirc you were one of the gobc that was pushing for UND/Faison to hire Schweigert over DeBoer.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Im looking for a win, but even more than that I’m looking for our team to look the part in the big moments. Haven’t seen that a single time in the last 10 years. It’s time to take that step. I want to see that killer instinct.

Haven’t won a game in front of 13,000+ fans since 2016 … big games/crowds are kryptonite to Bubba ball 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pretty damn good seasons prior to 2008/2009. Amazing seasons after 2010. There was a trend. Nothing of the sort with current UND coaching situation, unless we want to hang our hat on 2016 season and 2021 COVID spring 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

This is a big game for Tommy.  He hasn't been all that good in big games.  Is the lack of a deep ball hindering Danny and the offense?  We could use some Flutie-like Magic this weekend.

need those chunk plays against "good"teams or our offense is gonna be playing in that 20 yard box that is easy to defend......either with his arm or his feet tommy will have to have a few plays over 40 yds against the bunnys.

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

But he sure knew how to push that Buffalo Chicken sub with Subway.

Does anyone else remember the Subway commercials with Bohl and Lennon leading up to rivalry week. Would have been 2003. What a great time to be a Freshman and what a great game. Heck, what a great season! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Dude! Why didn't you say that weeks ago? The best recruiters and coaches in the country make their decisions while biking past practice. I hear Saban has a pretty sick Schwinn. Bell, Basket ... the works! (Kirby Smart is more of a Trek guy). You really could have saved yourself a lot of heckling on here as well as questions to your credibility if you hadn't left that part out; or maybe you could just go buy Bubba a nice Specialized.

The real stud coaches use e bikes.   Less effort and easier to make a decision going past at 28 MPH.

1 minute ago, Hawkster said:

The real stud coaches use e bikes.   Less effort and easier to make a decision going past at 28 MPH.

hate those things on my jogs on the bike paths....come up behind all quiet doing around 20 or more ....and those people think they are actually "exercising"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Haven’t won a game in front of 13,000+ fans since 2016 … big games/crowds are kryptonite to Bubba ball 

What's the sample size on that? A few FBS games, a few in the Fargodome and maybe one at WaGriz? Pretty high imaginary bar you're setting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, jdub27 said:

What's the sample size on that? A few FBS games, a few in the Fargodome and maybe one at WaGriz? Pretty high imaginary bar you're setting. 

Sample size isn’t huge, 7 games. Facts are still facts. Nothing imaginary about records / stats / facts. You’re justifying mediocrity again. Team needs to put up or shut up. Haven’t done it with Bubba. This isn’t DII anymore. Can’t just win in front of 5k-10k crowds and get to the next tier. Need to win big games.

beat Montana State in 2016 in front of 19507 fans by score of 17-15 

… since …

2017 L 16-37 @ Utah

2018 L 17-41 @ Montana

2019 L 7-38 @ NDSU

2021 L 24-48 @ Utah State

2022 L 17-38 @ Nebraska

2022 L 21-42 @ NDSU

2023 L 18-42 @ Boise State

A lot more loses at Alerus Center against FCS teams in attendance range of 10-12k (can’t ever seem to sell the place out unless NDSU comes to town). UND is approximately 0.500 since 2016 in games with attendance 10k+ if you exclude the games above. You can spin it anyway you want, but this staff/program has underperformed since 2016. 2017 was a fireable offense, and it hasn’t skyrocketed since. 

*BUT* - beauty is can right the ship this weekend in Brookings. 

• Upvote 3