SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ South Dakota State 9/30/2023

SiouxFan100

15 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bubba playing the wrong guys......kai or hakim have as many catches as nate d

So what is the slant of this enlightening take?  I thought the previous takes were that Bubba and Company cant recruit good talent.  Now the take is that our backups & freshmen are so good they should displace all of our starters at all skill positions but our coaches are just too dumb to see it every day in practice?  Any starters we should keep?  Hopefully at least the offensive line :D. SMH

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

our backups & freshmen are so good they should displace all of our starters at all skill positions but our coaches are just too dumb to see it every day in practice? 

Obviously.  Any coach with a brain would be starting Jerry Kaminski instead of having him #4 on the depth chart.

1 hour ago, wheelsup said:

So what is the slant of this enlightening take?  I thought the previous takes were that Bubba and Company cant recruit good talent.  Now the take is that our backups & freshmen are so good they should displace all of our starters at all skill positions but our coaches are just too dumb to see it every day in practice?  Any starters we should keep?  Hopefully at least the offensive line :D. SMH

just jerry and korey....sit tommy and wright (or at this point nate d).

• Upvote 1

Obviously.  Most coaches would be starting Jerry Kaminski instead of having him #4 on the depth chart.

56 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

fixed

So when you say most.. are those the coaches that are above or below us in the rankings this year?  What seems to get lost in all of these comments is the general fact that UND is currently ranked 11th or 12th, depending on what poll you decide to follow, in the nation.  We had a very reasonable chance to win our last game against a decent Boise State team and I expect us to have a chance to win against the #1 team in the nation on the road in what will likely be a tougher game than the Boise State game.

Not too bad for a coaching staff that cant recruit and also cant figure out which true freshman to start.  Probably what annoys me the most is you kissing some random SDSU fans butt and going out of your way to say how big of a disappointment Tommy is when that person actually had the nerve to say Tommy is pretty good.. Hope you are wearing your Jackrabbit colors this weekend. 

I am really excited about the game/opportunity this weekend SDSU is #1 for a reason.  It will be a very tough game for us.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

Obviously.  Most coaches would be starting Jerry Kaminski instead of having him #4 on the depth chart.

So when you say most.. are those the coaches that are above or below us in the rankings this year?  What seems to get lost in all of these comments is the general fact that UND is currently ranked 11th or 12th, depending on what poll you decide to follow, in the nation.  We had a very reasonable chance to win our last game against a decent Boise State team and I expect us to have a chance to win against the #1 team in the nation on the road in what will likely be a tougher game than the Boise State game.

Not too bad for a coaching staff that cant recruit and also cant figure out which true freshman to start.  Probably what annoys me the most is you kissing some random SDSU fans butt and going out of your way to say how big of a disappointment Tommy is when that person actually had the nerve to say Tommy is pretty good.. Hope you are wearing your Jackrabbit colors this weekend. 

I am really excited about the game/opportunity this weekend SDSU is #1 for a reason.  It will be a very tough game for us.

so it's weird to say that it would've been awesome to have hunter leupke or gronowski on our team the last few years instead of tommy two gloves and johannseon?....assuming we might have recruited both of them but missed.

i too am excited but ........been there done that....day by day.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

To be fair the SDSU fan called Tommy great. Then said he was the 5th best QB in the MVFC. The MVFC has 12 teams. That’s slightly above average…

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I’m sure coaches talked to Jerry about this year and being redshirted

i think next year everyone should be in the mix for starting, May the best QB start 

last year people were wanting to have Feeney starting

some Things never change 

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

I’m sure coaches talked to Jerry about this year and being redshirted

i think next year everyone should be in the mix for starting, May the best QB start 

last year people were wanting to have Feeney starting

some Things never change 

that's kinda the problem the last 20 years......if it aint the defense...it's the offense......at least the special teams have been consistent.

day by day

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just jerry and korey....sit tommy and wright (or at this point nate d).

Serious question for you and your little band of mental midgets. Are the coaches too stupid to realize they should be playing these true freshmen, or are the coaches purposefully sabotaging their own season?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Serious question for you and your little band of mental midgets. Are the coaches too stupid to realize they should be playing these true freshmen, or are the coaches purposefully sabotaging their own season?

some coaches just have it........some don't.  i think we have too many "some don't" on staff and it shows over their history of work.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

might be a good question for salah in nyc.....did you see zach's game and then salah's assessment of him and his performance?  crazy town.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

Then what are you saying? Why is it that the coaches haven't benched Tommy for a true freshman? What's the reasoning?

that's what i want to know.....if tommy wets the bed on saturday do they say...next man up or ride or die with tommy this year and next?

there is a reason why bubba wins about 54% of his games.......

• Upvote 1

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that's what i want to know.....if tommy wets the bed on saturday do they say...next man up or ride or die with tommy this year and next?

Pretty easy to see what you're hoping for. As @wheelsup told you, make sure to wear your Jackrabbit colors.

47 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

This is a big game for Tommy.  He hasn't been all that good in big games.  Is the lack of a deep ball hindering Danny and the offense?  We could use some Flutie-like Magic this weekend.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Then what are you saying? Why is it that the coaches haven't benched Tommy for a true freshman? What's the reasoning?

Maybe the freshman has tons of talent but is just raw and needs a year to mature and learn the system.  I'd rather have him playing when he's ready rather then waste a year

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I find all this 2013 team talk entertaining.

ironically, UND had a big matchup against South Dakota State in 2013, also. Hopefully this 2023 matchup goes better than that one did.

Yeah the Mussman era is completely flushed from my memory...I want nothing to do with any of those days...and I don't care if the talent was better...the product was atrocious...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1