SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

3 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

players who want to be here and are ready to step up.

Agree. However unless as someone mentioned he could transfer somewhere before school starts and play this year, it's extremely puzzling why he would leave. Doing nothing and not practicing all fall won't improve him any. And as someone else said,  I do think he would have played a little this year. Romfo may run more too, if he gets singed up Trey would have had his chance. I totally don't get him leaving now unless he has something in mind. We will find out soon enough I'm sure. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MinnDak said:

Not defending anyone but the players that have left since December would be one heck of a FCS team. 

On paper, but as the saying goes, if I had to go to war I would not want to depend on any of them to "have my back". They walked away.

• Downvote 3

Trey gave it his best shot at UND. Didn't work out. Too talented to waste time on the bench his whole career. He wants to play FB which is a limited window time wise.

BTW....how many of your have switched jobs/careers looking for a better opportunity?? How many here wanted Tommy pushed out for a better QB option?

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Trey gave it his best shot at UND. Didn't work out. Too talented to waste time on the bench his whole career. He wants to play FB which is a limited window time wise.

BTW....how many of your have switched jobs/careers looking for a better opportunity?? How many here wanted Tommy pushed out for a better QB option?

I'd feel much better if he was given some playing time last year.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I didn’t want Tommy pushed out for a better QB, I thought if he stayed the others would leave because of lack of playing time.

it happened anyway 

Who knows what goes on. Wouldn’t be the first time there was a sports conflict. 

QB order: Romfo, Kaminsky, Hentges, Sulik. First 3 sound like they are right there. Romfo we will know soon enough. Kaminsky looks like a college QB and coaches son, quick and good arm. Hentges apparently looked really good with the offense but was #4 so limited look overall. Coaches kid and can really move and throw it sounds like. Sulik needs a couple years. 

I think Quincy should play in this situation some. Maybe a grinding drive or two or end of half type offense. He’s such a man when he’s in there and his short yard plays are so devastating for the other team. Plus the other team will have to practice  for his plays. How does a defense adjust for Romfo and Quincy? That’s an interesting concept. Does he ever throw deep in practice still? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MinnDak said:

Who knows what goes on. Wouldn’t be the first time there was a sports conflict. 

QB order: Romfo, Kaminsky, Hentges, Sulik. First 3 sound like they are right there. Romfo we will know soon enough. Kaminsky looks like a college QB and coaches son, quick and good arm. Hentges apparently looked really good with the offense but was #4 so limited look overall. Coaches kid and can really move and throw it sounds like. Sulik needs a couple years. 

I think Quincy should play in this situation some. Maybe a grinding drive or two or end of half type offense. He’s such a man when he’s in there and his short yard plays are so devastating for the other team. Plus the other team will have to practice  for his plays. How does a defense adjust for Romfo and Quincy? That’s an interesting concept. Does he ever throw deep in practice still? 

With Q spending probably 90 percent of his time at TE and then just the short yardage stuff at QB, I probably don't want him there throwing passes. Unless he chucks it deep on a fly pattern or something like you were maybe getting at or something super basic. But wouldn't want him dropping back and throwing over the middle. 

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

With Q spending probably 90 percent of his time at TE and then just the short yardage stuff at QB, I probably don't want him there throwing passes. Unless he chucks it deep on a fly pattern or something like you were maybe getting at or something super basic. But wouldn't want him dropping back and throwing over the middle. 

Quincy has a strong arm, but as I recall, it didn't lead to many completions.

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Could we see a Javon Williams package?

3 hours ago, MinnDak said:

In a way Simon and Quincy can do it all. And in the absolutely stacked backfield and there is a lot of options. 

Love Q's dedication to the Hawks, but his short game passing was like a man at war tossing hand grenades.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2024 at 11:04 AM, MinnDak said:

With a bit of a chuckle and then tossing our O-lineman out of the way??  I love the optimism but I can't get there with this team and staff.

• Downvote 1

How is Romfo's arm strength, is it similar to Tommy where we will likely see more shorter passes? Curious if he will be similar to Tommy but just more ability to run the ball. Hopefully he is just as good on not throwing picks. 

6 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

With a bit of a chuckle and then tossing our O-lineman out of the way??  I love the optimism but I can't get there with this team and staff.

It’s not going to be easy.