SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

16 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Both Bubba's kids played at RR, I highly doubt that is the issue. The new coaches may not have reached out enough to this point, yep. Anytime there is a change its inevitable that personalities and styles will clash for a time

I'm thinking this was not a job for the new coaches as they had made a good connection with the kid.

That connection is now at SDSU

• Upvote 2

On 6/29/2024 at 10:59 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

My RRHS source says that the coaching staff has reached out to the two new guys from winona to try to create a relationship so "things" like Walters doesn't happen again..........................crickets.

My sources say different. It is what it is. Walters wanted a change of scenery. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think UND has the potential to surprise a lot of people next year.  Even if the O-line isn't as good, I think the play calling will be better.  If we actually run the ball when we are able to, instead of deciding to kill drives by passing on first down, we may see a more consistent offense, and that would help out the Defense as well.

We had the talent to beat both Sac and USD.  

We were up 10 on USD at half, and we stopped USD's third drive in the 3rd Quarter with an interception in our own end zone.  What did we do with that, in our first drive of the 3rd quarter?  See below. 
image.thumb.png.675159e2497f9df6852a597e3b0438b3.png

USD then marches down the field again, and this time, they convert for a TD.  Now up 10-7 UND gets the ball with 6:50 remaining in the third and they do this:
image.thumb.png.1515479644c937b615dc733e69164459.png

Why pass it on first down from the USD 24 while winning, late in the 3rd, on the road?  This drive is the epitome of UND's season last year. 
Next drive, UND holds USD to a 3 and out.  What does UND do?  No, even though UND is moving the ball on the ground well, they don't exploit it.  Instead, they screw up the next drive with an incomplete pass to Quincy Vaugn on 2nd down, after a 6 yard rush on 1st down.
image.thumb.png.75ca0979b7d855f3be8b7d9c3fad22c7.png

In the 4th Quarter, we handed the ball off to our running backs a total of 1 time.  This is the yardage we gained for every running play by a RB in the 2nd half: 3, 4, 19, 4, 6, 3, 7.  The shortest rush was 3 yards.  With that consistency, we still managed to give up a 10 point first half lead.  Scored nothing in the 2nd half. 

Maybe I'm wrong - I never played FB and I don't truly know the game like others here, but I've gotta think that a change at OC may more than make up for the guys we lost on the O-Line this year.  

Thoughts?

Great breakdown! This was the most frustrating game of the year to watch other than Sac

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think UND has the potential to surprise a lot of people next year.  Even if the O-line isn't as good, I think the play calling will be better.  If we actually run the ball when we are able to, instead of deciding to kill drives by passing on first down, we may see a more consistent offense, and that would help out the Defense as well.

We had the talent to beat both Sac and USD.  

We were up 10 on USD at half, and we stopped USD's third drive in the 3rd Quarter with an interception in our own end zone.  What did we do with that, in our first drive of the 3rd quarter?  See below. 
image.thumb.png.675159e2497f9df6852a597e3b0438b3.png

USD then marches down the field again, and this time, they convert for a TD.  Now up 10-7 UND gets the ball with 6:50 remaining in the third and they do this:
image.thumb.png.1515479644c937b615dc733e69164459.png

Why pass it on first down from the USD 24 while winning, late in the 3rd, on the road?  This drive is the epitome of UND's season last year. 
Next drive, UND holds USD to a 3 and out.  What does UND do?  No, even though UND is moving the ball on the ground well, they don't exploit it.  Instead, they screw up the next drive with an incomplete pass to Quincy Vaugn on 2nd down, after a 6 yard rush on 1st down.
image.thumb.png.75ca0979b7d855f3be8b7d9c3fad22c7.png

In the 4th Quarter, we handed the ball off to our running backs a total of 1 time.  This is the yardage we gained for every running play by a RB in the 2nd half: 3, 4, 19, 4, 6, 3, 7.  The shortest rush was 3 yards.  With that consistency, we still managed to give up a 10 point first half lead.  Scored nothing in the 2nd half. 

Maybe I'm wrong - I never played FB and I don't truly know the game like others here, but I've gotta think that a change at OC may more than make up for the guys we lost on the O-Line this year.  

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Rudy was lovin' it in Minot!