SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

REA "agreement" might need more..... scrutiny.

Follow the money

Because the Ralph and UND hockey makes money and doesn’t share it with other sports is how we got here?  So what we need to do is set up a hockey team at NDSU and SDSU and have them sell out every game with 12,000 people and then we can compete with them again in other sports?  Can we be a bit more logical here and a a bit less petty?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shep said:

On Twitter Kelly (UND 360) is saying we could be losing Joe and Kirkwood too

When it rains it pours, what a sh*t show! If Bubba stepped down at end of year he could have left with at least a little Goodwill. It's really starting to look like this will end pretty badly. October 14th feels like light years away at this point. :sad:

Money. Players can get good money to play and coaches are getting crazy money.  If you’re coaching watching Schmidt make $600k and little SD guy now making north of $10 million at Bama, would that appeal to you making $60k with 3 young kids as an assistant?  DeBoer coached with Bubba and Schmidt. These coaches are buddies.  Why blame our assistants for leaving?  Everyone on this site wants to keep our coaches but nobody wants to write checks. If we couldn’t recruit kids to GF before, we’re not going to compete with the NIL money when we’re offering a coupon good for a grinder at the Pepper or a medium pizza at Italian Moon each semester.  The NCAA has created a mess and for schools like UND, the landscape is changing really fast. I don’t blame Bubba considering his budget, NIL money and trying to recruit players and coaches with a lot less money. How does he beat NDSU and field a competitive team with all of the constraints?  It’s all about money now in every aspect. I’m a longtime UND fan and I’d never cheer for NDSU or SDSU, but if you paid me to do that…..? How much are we talking about? Greedy, crazy world.

3 minutes ago, GOUND said:

Money. Players can get good money to play and coaches are getting crazy money.  If you’re coaching watching Schmidt make $600k and little SD guy now making north of $10 million at Bama, would that appeal to you making $60k with 3 young kids as an assistant?  DeBoer coached with Bubba and Schmidt. These coaches are buddies.  Why blame our assistants for leaving?  Everyone on this site wants to keep our coaches but nobody wants to write checks. If we couldn’t recruit kids to GF before, we’re not going to compete with the NIL money when we’re offering a coupon good for a grinder at the Pepper or a medium pizza at Italian Moon each semester.  The NCAA has created a mess and for schools like UND, the landscape is changing really fast. I don’t blame Bubba considering his budget, NIL money and trying to recruit players and coaches with a lot less money. How does he beat NDSU and field a competitive team with all of the constraints?  It’s all about money now in every aspect. I’m a longtime UND fan and I’d never cheer for NDSU or SDSU, but if you paid me to do that…..? How much are we talking about? Greedy, crazy world.

But we beat the Bison, and couldn’t beat teams we should have beaten.  I get that NIL money is important, but they could have had a step up on the next tier of teams at the very least if they hadn’t crapped the bed after what should have been a momentum win.

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

The only little hiccup is that he took the UND job last week. But anyone who knows Jake isn't surprised, put it that way

Sure, but this is an indictment on both UND and Jake Landry, and definitely more so the former. 

53 minutes ago, Kab said:

Wonder if Jake had a conversation with Danny about what’s going on at UND and Bubba 

That would have happened before the interview and him accepting the job. Now we know that everything that he said after accepting the job was lies and hypocrisy. No spin zone. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, LH Golfer said:

Best thing to happen would be for the HC to announce his retirement. 

I am not so sure…how many players would stick around while the AD looks for both positions? It would be a gamble either way… one opening or two.

8 hours ago, Irish said:

I'm frustrated too - But I don't blame Bubba as much as the AD - Bubba is always going to be Bubba.  To extend him after a 5-6 season shows how much the Athletic Department values excellence.  We have had weak leadership from the AD and the UND administration for far too long.  Overall this is as low as I have seen the overall athletic programs.  

Chavez deserves a ton of blame yes but it was very apparent bubba was not cut out to be a head coach even during his Duluth days.  He was hired here because he was an ex UNDer and would accept low pay to stay forever.  Not because of his great track record.  Chavez can’t be blamed for hiring him.  

Why would Danny leave now?  Chavez?  Danny bleeds Kelly green.  He knows that sticking around Bubba gets him absolutely nowhere.  Assistants have to move on from this bubba clown show to further themselves.  Sure pay is the most obvious reason why people go elsewhere but Danny was fine with it for as long as he was here.  He made a great move to leave bubba and learn the correct way of coaching. He left bubba not Chavez imo 

As for Landry ….he can stick it.  Going to “that college” after committing to UND just weeks before speaks a lot about his character.   Sorry to all that know him but this is a very bad look for him. I wasn’t that excited about Landry but what a low blow to your former team and town. 

Now what ex-UNDer is going to accept the job?  

My thoughts on bubba and Chavez are on par to a movie from 1994 that starred Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniel’s 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

That would have happened before the interview and him accepting the job. Now we know that everything that he said after accepting the job was lies and hypocrisy. No spin zone. 

Disappointed Jake left....yes. Hypocrisy......no. My phone blew up last night at the Ralph from my SU insider buddies. This isn’t complicated. Better program. Better career upside. Better pay. It is all about Bidenomics. Amitite??

UND has gone so deep with the inbreeding from a coach hiring standpoint over the years who on the outside of any quality would want to apply.  Like having a family business and you're the only one working there that isn't family.

• Upvote 3