SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

6 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Michigan has been having some injury woes.  McGroarty, one of their early season goalscoring leaders, missed at least one game this past weekend.  I also think they were playing some d-men up front.

I think McGroarty might be out for awhile. He was carried off the ice on a stretcher and they showed an update of him in a hospital bed. 
Hopefully the kid is alright. 

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um, how's 'bout we take care our bidnez. Them beavs are never a pushover. 

Yeah, I imagine the huge comeback win over Minnesota State will boost their confidence.  Hoping their goalie doesn't all of a sudden decide to be lights out. 

12 hours ago, SJHovey said:

If anyone can screw it up for the NCHC, it's SCSU.  However, they seem to be playing a bit better, and maybe they're catching Michigan at a good time.  Plus, they're at home.

Wait, so you’re telling me Michigan scheduled a non conference road series?  They’re down a few guys…Mel would definitely opt for canceling.

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Wait, so you’re telling me Michigan scheduled a non conference road series?  

< goes to window with morning coffee >
< looks out >
< drops coffee mug >

Oh crap. Are those four angry looking dudes on horseback coming over the horizon who I think they are? 

• Upvote 3

On 11/18/2023 at 9:24 PM, Godsmack said:

Who was the announcer? Was it the radio voice of the Tigers, Ken Landau?

We went to the game, regrettably. CC went 0-8 on the power play, including a five on three and a 5 minute power play. I think the Tigers only got 2 shots on goal during that. The power play got increasingly worse as the game went along. 

I suspected it was a radio announcer, doing the feed for the TV.

23 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um, how's 'bout we take care our bidnez. Them beavs are never a pushover. 

We have had over the years a lot of interaction between the two teams.  The mystic of playing UND is basically not an issue.  The players may be different but the respect for each other is well earned.  Respect the Beavers by expecting two very exciting and tough games.

52 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

We have had over the years a lot of interaction between the two teams.  The mystic of playing UND is basically not an issue.  The players may be different but the respect for each other is well earned.  Respect the Beavers by expecting two very exciting and tough games.

Well, maybe not exciting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

One game on the calendar today:   Quinnipiac vs BU.  4pm central.   ESPN plus has it, for those who subscribe. 

Important implications for both ECAC and Hockey East PWR.  

Good catch. Pairwise 1 vs 2. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, skateshattrick said:

Bemidji is like watching paint dry. They trap and try to keep the score low so that they can steal a tie or win late. It is brutal hockey to watch. Jacques Lemaire style hockey. 

Spot on!

Circa 2005, I went to a CC/Bemidji State game at World Arena and after 19 minutes and 50 seconds of a boring, scoreless fist period, CC got a break away and scored a last second goal.

Me and a girl I’d been dating who was born and raised in Bemidji were practically asleep from boredom until that late goal. I was so surprised, I shot up out of my seat, with a full draft beer in my hand, and throw my arms up in celebration.

Sadly, my full beer went flying in the air and landed all over two BSU fans sitting in front of me. it was like the Matrix, it all happened so fast and yet in slow motion as I tried in vain to catch a 16 ounce plastic cup of draft beer as gravity took over and the beer rained down. 

To make matters worse, the gal I was with turned and pointed at me, laughing hysterically, which only served to p*ss off the two beer drenched BSU dudes who were sitting in front of us even more. Their team gives up a gut punch late goal AND they get drenched in Coors Light.

I apologized profusely and they were rightfully ticked off but ultimately very gracious about everything. It also helped (a little) when I ran back down to the concourse and came back with three beers, two of which for these guys. So at the end of the day, the one beer I got to drink amounted to what I ended up paying for five of them.

So that’s my lasting memory of Bemidji State hockey. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1