SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

SWSiouxMN

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/38561517/women-college-basketball-2023-24-conference-player-year

Kacie Borowicz, 5-7, G, North Dakota Fighting Hawks

The Summit League's leading scorer each of the last two seasons, Borowicz decided to come back for her bonus year for a three-peat. Borowicz also topped the Summit in assists last season and has been one of the country's best free throw shooters in her four years in Grand Forks.

• Upvote 3

On 10/10/2023 at 1:52 PM, und1995 said:

https://thesummitleague.org/news/2023/10/9/womens-basketball-jackrabbits-favored-for-2023-24-summitwbb-crown.aspx

Preseason poll is out. SDSU picked 1st, NDSU 2nd, USD 3rd, and UND 4th. Kacie Borowicz was selected as preseason Player of the Year, Go Kacie!

Go Sioux!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that Hurst,Beal, and Aumer will determine how successful a season we have they have talent move us to another level in women’s basketball. The question will be if they earn extra playing time from experienced players ahead of them. I also expect junior college transfers be contributing  by end of the season. The freshmen I hope they can contribute in spot playing time and hope couple of them do become major contributors this year but past experience is probably not going to happen until they prove themselves on the court. I expect we will start with Kacie, Hoskins, Hurst, Oberg, and DJ Davis to start the season and Beal and Aumer  playing significant minutes and eventually move into starting roles if play up to their talent. Then I expect VanderWal Wall  to alternate with Oberg. The taller freshmen girls I believe will get some playing time to get them ready for the conference season. 
I believe the separation between top team this year and top 5/6 teams will not be as big as has been last few seasons. SDSU has had terrible off season loosing to starters to injury for entire season cutting their depth and also taking away bunch of their length. USD will have injured players returning but this is still a team that is rebuilding and I believe still has way to go but still will be above average team in the Summit. NDSU has some very good players returning but they will be relying like we are some very young players replace players that have left from last season. I think they will be upper half of the Summit but my guess is they will be closer to the middle than top. ORU, Denver, Omaha, will be contending but like us on how their new players respond this year. KC and St. Thomas are still rebuilding and will be dangerous will probably have few upsets through season and will be dangerous at tournament time. This should be fun season ahead and I believe we should be playing some basketball after conference tournament. This is most athletic team will have since joining the Summit.

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

I agree that Hurst,Beal, and Aumer will determine how successful a season we have they have talent move us to another level in women’s basketball. The question will be if they earn extra playing time from experienced players ahead of them. I also expect junior college transfers be contributing  by end of the season. The freshmen I hope they can contribute in spot playing time and hope couple of them do become major contributors this year but past experience is probably not going to happen until they prove themselves on the court. I expect we will start with Kacie, Hoskins, Hurst, Oberg, and DJ Davis to start the season and Beal and Aumer  playing significant minutes and eventually move into starting roles if play up to their talent. Then I expect VanderWal Wall  to alternate with Oberg. The taller freshmen girls I believe will get some playing time to get them ready for the conference season. 
I believe the separation between top team this year and top 5/6 teams will not be as big as has been last few seasons. SDSU has had terrible off season loosing to starters to injury for entire season cutting their depth and also taking away bunch of their length. USD will have injured players returning but this is still a team that is rebuilding and I believe still has way to go but still will be above average team in the Summit. NDSU has some very good players returning but they will be relying like we are some very young players replace players that have left from last season. I think they will be upper half of the Summit but my guess is they will be closer to the middle than top. ORU, Denver, Omaha, will be contending but like us on how their new players respond this year. KC and St. Thomas are still rebuilding and will be dangerous will probably have few upsets through season and will be dangerous at tournament time. This should be fun season ahead and I believe we should be playing some basketball after conference tournament. This is most athletic team will have since joining the Summit.

Can anyone give me a cliff notes version

• Like 1

MWT Digital Network is a television network that broadcasts over-the-air in several markets across the United States. It is a free-to-air network, which means that you can watch it for free with an antenna 1. You can also stream MWT Digital Network live on their website or through their app 1.

If you don’t have an antenna, you can purchase one from a local electronics store or online. Antennas are relatively inexpensive and can be used to receive free over-the-air broadcasts from other networks as well 12.

Looks like it is free through the app.

• Upvote 2