SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

SWSiouxMN

Steps in the right direction once again for UND with 19 wins, 3rd in the Summit, and a WBI apperance. End of the season was a little bit of a bitter pill to swallow. 

Team will have to replace Orth, Daninger, and Gordon in the starting lineup, but have a good chunk of talent coming back.

SDSU should come back to earth a little bit but will still be favored, USD should bounce back, NDSU will be tough once again.

Kacie has a lot of milestones to chase next year.  UND has 3 scholarships yet to fill, how will they fill them?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This is really early and the pieces still need to come in place, but these would be my big questions for the returners/incoming freshman

Kacie:  Is there another level of your game that you can reach?

Hurst and Beal:  How much of your potential can you tap into going into your Sophomore years?

Freshman:  Who is ready to step in and play big minutes right from the jump?

These questions have a right to change but these would be the 3 I would focus in on right now. 

This coming year Beal and Hurst will need to make jump in their game. Beal needs to work on her shooting and needs to work on her dribble drive to the basket because with her athleticism and size and speed she could become a dominant player. Hurst needs to work on her inside game and forget about looking for the 3 her future is in inside scoring and getting fouled. Second, she also needs to work on her defense by getting away from the silly reach in fouls because if she doesn't get over doing that, she will never get playing time to become dominant player. VanderWal will need to develop shot that she can consistently score on or be able to kick out for a three. She also needs to work on getting quicker and have more endurance to play more minutes. Aumer i think will be good guard just needs playing time and I think that is coming. McCarthy just needs to work on her shooting and get stronger so she can play more on the inside. Jardine needs more time to develop a year of redshirting wouldn't hurt because she has size to play role on this team in the future. Kacie will need to work with these young girls and lead them, but it will be frustration for her getting this team move forward because lot of teaching moments ahead for this team. Hoskins just needs to play her roll again next year and i hope her shooting improves because i have never seen person who has so many shots halfway down and come out. I just don't know if she just unlucky or something else with her shot. My hope we find couple transfers especially one to play in the post area to give us some size that contribute right away. The incoming freshmen like always will take time and hopefully couple can contribute before the season is over. Mallory and her staff have a lot of work ahead on roster construction before next season.

SWSiouxMN you're thinking that SDSU is going to come back to the pack, and I have been watching them and I don't think the fall back is going to be very much at least for next season. I look at players they will start next season, and this is pretty solid team with good experience and should have good depth. I look at their probable starting lineup of Paige Myer at point guard, Timmer at shooting guard, Brooklyn Myer at one forward, Nelson at other forward, Theisen at center not to mention they have two young guards off bench Mathiowetz and Colbeck and two good forwards that would have played significant minutes most of other teams in Summit League of Vlastuin and Byom both 6' 2". This is not to mention the talk is they have good recruiting class coming in. Johnson has done heck of a job of recruiting top players to his team and his roster construction is hard to fault with having balance in players per year and having long and quick players plus having very good guards to go along with other players. My hope we continue to get better and maybe at tournament time we can surprise them.

I think this pretty much ends the speculation on this board about her playing here or anywhere. I wish her good health in future and it’s right decision for her and she should not feel guilty but us who should be expressing our gratitude for her playing basketball.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Have 0 clue if she does or not, but that would be a good get!!

35 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

That would be a BIG get!  Fits what we need and she could play volleyball too!   Get on the phone! 

More wishful thinking than anything, assuming chances are pretty slim, but never hurts to inquire. Coming off an injury and a chance to play closer to home are positives.

• Upvote 2

yes, Ware would fit our needs perfectly for needs on front line and if she's healthy can play with ability to be star player would move us forward and have chance to compete for the conference next year. A good player usually improves everyone on the team by reducing the attention on all the other players on the team. The question is she wanting to come back to the state and second does she want to play at mid-major school or wants to play at power 5 school. This plus any number of reason but it sure wouldn't hurt to inquire the worst is they say no and if they say yes, you have gone long way on roster construction for the coming year.

Kacie has a great chance of getting to 2,000 career points and probably will go down as the 2nd leading scorer in program history. 

She'll need to up her scoring or play a few more games to catch Crouse.

With her back and a good core, it is time to push all in and go for it