SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, even if Strathmann is on the same page now, you never know who (Major Juniors or other college teams) will be bending his ear next year in Juniors, especially if we struggled again next year.  I.E., does another school look more attractive with a better chance at a Championship. 

That’s exactly my thought. Get that kid in a green sweater and let him play. If he’s slower out of the gates that fine (and expected)…maybe he’d stay all 4 years. The issue is that these high end players should be put in positions to succeed…given the roster issues all these kids are in a tougher spot. If he doesn’t come in, maybe he looks for a “more secure/safe” development path. Who knows. 

• Upvote 2

Transfer portal seems the most likely for remaining 2+ D needs, but given the limited pool (would have to knock it out of the park on all remaining)…one variable I haven’t heard being talked about is could the coaches be exploring a freshman or two also? Not sure there’s much uncommitted talent out there who would be more college-ready than someone like Strathmann, but a flip could be exciting. Preferably not a depth over-ager somewhere…any thoughts on possible targets? 

17 minutes ago, Brett0909 said:

Transfer portal seems the most likely for remaining 2+ D needs, but given the limited pool (would have to knock it out of the park on all remaining)…one variable I haven’t heard being talked about is could the coaches be exploring a freshman or two also? Not sure there’s much uncommitted talent out there who would be more college-ready than someone like Strathmann, but a flip could be exciting. Preferably not a depth over-ager somewhere…any thoughts on possible targets? 

No because there’s no chance they are looking to do that. 

The Fargo Force have a couple of talented D in Stender and Polodichuk. Both lefties and both 20 year olds. One committed to Mankato and one committed to Wisconsin so who knows if that is still their intention with the Coachign changes?

Also, if they are looking to bring in another Goalie, I find it a little curious that Anton Castro from the Force is an uncommitted 20 year old goalie? also a couple 20 year old goalies in NAHL with good numbers who are uncommitted(NAHL goalies seem to work out pretty well for UMD and SCSU)

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The Fargo Force have a couple of talented D in Stender and Polodichuk. Both lefties and both 20 year olds. One committed to Mankato and one committed to Wisconsin so who knows if that is still their intention with the Coachign changes?

Also, if they are looking to bring in another Goalie, I find it a little curious that Anton Castro from the Force is an uncommitted 20 year old goalie? also a couple 20 year old goalies in NAHL with good numbers who are uncommitted(NAHL goalies seem to work out pretty well for UMD and SCSU)

I was under the impression that Anton Castro was committed to Wisconsin. 

Just now, petey23 said:

Either he uncommitted or USHL has not update their website.

https://ushl.com/ht/#/player/8904/79/antonacastro

I guess they do list him on their commitment page but not on his profile.

Yeah, USHL is never super reliable. I go by game line charts.

As some examples as why it’s unreliable:

They thought Jake Schmaltz was Nick and Jordan’s brother. 

They also have Cody Croal as committed to Maine, which is also incorrect (obviously) 

On 4/5/2023 at 2:17 PM, The Sicatoka said:

< checks watch > 

No Albrecht news?
No news on a Caulfield replacement?
And don't we still need two defensemen?
Are we 100% that Hedquist is coming in as well as Persson? 

< checks watch > 

< check watch again >