SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

4 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Anyone know why the mass exodus out of NE? 

Pretty crazy.  They had a good season too, finished 3rd in Hockey East.
Even crazier...they also had 9 seniors/grads on their roster this year.  Combine those with the 9 portal entrants and that is 18 of their players potentially leaving this off-season (unless a few of their SR use their 5th year).

34 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Nate Schweitzer seemed like a good get awhile back when he committed to CC from Benilde, now he's in the portal after only dressing for 11 games as a Sophomore. Between him, Gleason, Chorske and Ahrenholz the MN kids are leaving en masse. Playing in St Paul made them homesick...

That one’s a head scratcher….he suited up in 31 games last season as a freshman. This year, he only suited up for 2 games after New Years, on January 14th and then not again until March 3rd. 

9 hours ago, petey23 said:

Nick Schmaltz's immediate thought if he or a linemate lost the puck was "Well, we probably need that so I am going to get it back right away!"

Case in point, from tonight's game.  Steal behind the net and then pass in front for the goal.  It's like the 3rd period in the 2016 title game all over again, with his sweet steal and pass to Cags for the 3-1 lead.  :) 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Case in point, from tonight's game.  Steal behind the net and then pass in front for the goal.  It's like the 3rd period in the 2016 title game all over again, with his sweet steal and pass to Cags for the 3-1 lead.  :) 

That play for the natty took any confidence Quinn had left in that game. Brilliance.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

@The Sicatoka

Poor Evan Bouchard got back to his locker last night and probably had several text alerts on his phone letting him know his banking and online info may have been compromised.

11 hours ago, brianvf said:

Pretty crazy.  They had a good season too, finished 3rd in Hockey East.
Even crazier...they also had 9 seniors/grads on their roster this year.  Combine those with the 9 portal entrants and that is 18 of their players potentially leaving this off-season (unless a few of their SR use their 5th year).

Should Berry and coaches text Scott Morrow? Or is poaching games no longer allowed? ;-)

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Right to the show. Good for him. Pretty cool to be there with Sandy and Pinto. I bet those boys are gonna have a damn fun time together.

Gonna miss this dude. Kid reached his peak down the stretch this season, turning into a more responsible and patient player defensively and added continued offense. Cheers, Klevo. We'll miss you!

They all go right to the show. Signing tactic to burn the first year of their ELC.

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I believe this is a rookie-max deal.
If he reports to OTT he burns the first year of it if he plays 10 (?) games. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tyler-kleven 

I think it burns first year this year. Whether or not he plays a certain number of games. I could be wrong on that though. All these higher end kids signing will get a couple games.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Right to the show. Good for him. Pretty cool to be there with Sandy and Pinto. I bet those boys are gonna have a damn fun time together.

Gonna miss this dude. Kid reached his peak down the stretch this season, turning into a more responsible and patient player defensively and added continued offense. Cheers, Klevo. We'll miss you!

Well said. 

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I think it burns first year this year. Whether or not he plays a certain number of games. I could be wrong on that though. All these higher end kids signing will get a couple games.

Well, he’s on his way to Tampa to meet up with the team today