SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC....the battle for 6th place.

Wilbur

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

An unconvincing sweep would have the same result.  ;) 

That said, I doubt we see a sweep this weekend.

The team has good luck when I don't watch, I will be in PR on vacation, so, you never know. 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Given the track record of getting our hopes up after a promising series only to see them dashed the following weekend…CC with a sweep of their own would sound about right. 

UND's travel day was a bit longer than expected after a two-and-a-half hour delay getting out of Grand Forks, but the Fighting Hawks arrived in Colorado Springs and held practice at 5 p.m. in Ed Robson Arena.

This is UND's second trip to Robson. Last season, the Fighting Hawks swept a series in December.

After not holding a weekly shootout competition last week due to canceled Thursday practice, the Fighting Hawks were back at it in Colorado Springs.

The goalies were hot Thursday. Not many advanced to the second round. The biggest roar came when head coach Brad Berry sniped one off the notch between the crossbar and post for a goal.

In the end, Owen McLaughlin was the only player to go two-for-two. He won the weekly shootout for the third time in the last six weeks. He is the only player with three shootout wins this season. Three others have won it twice — Jackson Blake, Riese Gaber and Griffin Ness.

NCHC rules allow teams to travel with 23 players, which mean four get left back. The players who did not travel are forward Griffin Ness, forward Dane Montgomery (upper body), defenseman Brent Johnson and goalie Kaleb Johnson.

13 hours ago, Goon said:

Anything less than a convincing sweep of the Tigers does nothing for UND. 

13 hours ago, brianvf said:

I was told the Pairwise factors in an extra 3/5 of a point for a sweep deemed “convincing,” so there’s that…

• Upvote 1

Stats to chew on.

For CC:

• points leaders: Hunter McKown (17g-5a-22pts), Noah Laba (10-8-18), Stanley Cooley (6-11-17)
  • +/- leaders: Connor Mayer (+7), Noah Prokop (+5), Danny Weight (+3)
  • +/- laggards: Matthew Gleason (-18), Bryan Yoon (-17), Hunter McKown (-16)
  • Team save %, GAA, G/G: .908 sv% (21st nationally), 2.84 GAA (25th nationally), 2.3 G/G (51st nationally)

For UND:

• points leaders: Jackson Blake (13g-23a-36pts), Riese Gaber (19g-12a-31pts), Chris Jandric (3g-27a-30pts)
  • +/- leaders: Chris Jandric (+10), Judd Caulfield (+6), Ben Strinden (+5)
  • +/- laggards: Riese Gaber (-10), Owen McLaughlin (-10), Cooper Moore (-10)
  • Team save %, GAA, G/G: .876 sv% (60th nationally), 3.08 GAA (39th nationally), 3.5 G/G (8th nationally) 
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Colorado Sioux Guy said:

Negativity aside, the beers and cheese curds will be flowing pregame. Tejon St. Mere blocks from the rink. Let's go, friends. 

21 , 22, and 26 will have monster weekends. Book it. Bring your brooms. The future is bright. 

Tony's is the bar. Forgot that minor detail but the real ones already know this. ROLL TRIBE

So this weekend we are out at Colorado College. I remember going to a game at Colorado College on an ice surface that covered bricks. The arena seemed very intimate but that might also have seemed that way because well over half of the people there were UND Fighting Sioux supporters. The new rink that is now available will not have the charm and so far has not won me over, but at least the ice sheet is a proper ice sheet to play upon. I extend my best to Colorado and my hopes are that they lose both games in a valiant fight to win. But we will have to see what Saturday night brings.  I should say let’s go fighting hawks - let’s go “FIGHTING SIOUX”!  Lets fill the stadium with Alumni!