SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Recruiting

Hardcore Hawk

On 12/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, shep said:

I will say the number of negative post re: coaches is far worse on the hockey board.

number wise you are likely correct....  but imho then venom is much less.  Perhaps it is different me because I am trying to become a UND football fan, where I have long been a UND hockey fan.  Also I see sports a bit differently than most that would venture onto these boards...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting post from Tom Miller this AM in his GF Herald newsletter, which includes a wrap up of FB stories from the past week. He predicts "a few more unknown transfers than previous years" when UND announces its late-period signees on Feb. 7; notes there are "at least two" midyear transfers who are enrolled for second semester but have not yet been announced. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SooToo said:

Interesting post from Tom Miller this AM in his GF Herald newsletter, which includes a wrap up of FB stories from the past week. He predicts "a few more unknown transfers than previous years" when UND announces its late-period signees on Feb. 7; notes there are "at least two" midyear transfers who are enrolled for second semester but have not yet been announced. 

Where can you find this article you are referring to? Can you post it on here?

On 1/20/2024 at 1:58 PM, UNDTIM20 said:

Where can you find this article you are referring to? Can you post it on here?

Comments were in a newsletter e-mailed (weekly, I think) to Herald subscribers who wish to receive it. Some tidbits from Miller (unannounced transfers, possible trainer hire this week, etc), a recap of a primary story and links for other football stories from the past week.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:52 AM, SooToo said:

And the sleuths here haven't come up with names yet? 

2 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I've got some ideas but not 100% sure.  AJS has one of the names I had on my radar.

Butsch is one of them via his Instagram.

Next name is a guess but could see Riley Gerhardt. 

18 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

NAIA and a perennial GLVC D-2 cellar dweller?  Let's get serious, good lord.   

Maybe they came from powerful 9 man teams somewhere 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

NAIA and a perennial GLVC D-2 cellar dweller?  Let's get serious, good lord.   

Ya, we are loaded with 215 lb tweeners that are not big/strong enough to play LB and not athletic enough to play safety.  We could write a book on it.

• Like 1

After watching Montana in The playoffs and some other FCS games. I wish we would gamble on some more FBS players. Fast twitchy guys can make up a mistake quicker in busted coverage and or set the edge/rush quicker. Going after lower level athletes can add depth but not necessarily impact, unless they developed a lot physically after high school. 

26 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

After watching Montana in The playoffs and some other FCS games. I wish we would gamble on some more FBS players. Fast twitchy guys can make up a mistake quicker in busted coverage and or set the edge/rush quicker. Going after lower level athletes can add depth but not necessarily impact, unless they developed a lot physically after high school. 

Agree!

33 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

I would think they are trying to go after FBS dropdown guys or other FCS guys,  but just not landing them? 

• 2 weeks later...